Electronic kits are a great way to practise your drums without needing a sound proof room. Yamaha have made a great electric kit that combines the great feel of a high end electric kit with the sort of wallet friendly, practical build that Yamaha are known for.
At this price, about the same as a mid range accoustic, you get a really great set of drums that you can use live, in the studio or at home.
3 Zone responsive cymbals
The DTX532K has 3-zone cymbal pads, which can express a different sound in each of the cup, bow and edge zones. These cymbals have a good stick feel and low acoustic noise, which is essential for electronic drums when used for private practice. In addition to a very natural swaying motion, they also have the “choke” function 360-degrees around the edge. You can even mute the cymbal before striking it - a DTX exclusive feature! Very few electric cymbals actually move, these feel more like real cymbals.
Great Tech Under The Hood
Using Yamaha's proprietary laser technology to analyze drum strokes, the pads are precisely tuned for a more natural feeling with incredible accuracy. You also get features from Yamaha's higher end models like cymbal muting, natural cymbal swells, and smoother snare drumrolls so the kits respond to every subtle change in your playing.
Real Hi-Hat System
The hi-hat system of the DTX532K features a dual-zone trigger pad (for edge and bow sounds) that mounts to the included Yamaha hi-hat stand for realistic pedal action and versatile positioning. Moreover, the hi-hat can express various styles of play such as open/close position, closed pedal and foot splash. You can even play tip and edge voices for adding subtle nuances to the beat!
Here's what Yamaha have to say about this kit
The DTX-PAD snare has the proper response for developing your technique, and the real hi-hat trigger and stand lets you position the kit to match your ideal setup. The ride and crash feature cup, bow and edge voices and are “mute-able” and “choke-able”. The DTX502 module includes 691 high-quality sounds and offers drum training functions, practice songs, and easy MIDI recording. The USB port allows control over VSTi software and lets you import custom wave files.
- Module: DTX502
- Snare : XP80
- Tom: TP70 x 2
- Floor Tom: TP70
- Bass Drum : KP65
- Hi-Hat : RHH135 + HS650A
- Crash Cymbal: PCY135
- Ride Cymbal : PCY135
- Rack : RS502
- Maximum Polyphony 32 notes
- Voices Drum and percussion: 691,Melodies: 128
- Effects Reverb: 9, Master EQ: 2 bands
- Drum kits Preset: 50 User: 50 (Total memory capacity of 1MB.)
- Note Capacity Approx. 104,000 Notes (Total memory capacity of 1MB.)
- Note Resolution 96 ppq (parts per quarter note)
- Song recording type Real-time replace
- Song tracks 1 track
- Songs Demo: 1, Practice: 37, Pad: 22, User: 40
- Sequence formats Proprietary, SMF format 0/1
- Tempo 30 to 300 BPM, Tap Tempo supported.
- Beat 1/4 to 16/4, 1/8 to 16/8, and 1/16 to 16/16
- Timing Accent, Quarter note, Eighth note, Sixteenth note, Triplet
- Training Functions Groove Check, Rhythm Gate, Measure Break, Tempo Up/Down, Change Up, Pad Gate, Part Mute, Fast Blast