2Box DrumIt Five Electronic Drum Kit
DrumIt Five is an open sound drum system giving the user the freedom to choose which sounds to play and which heads to use. The system is built around a high strength, low weight pad/cymbal and stand system. Add to this an extremely powerful percussion module with a large on-board Flash memory, and you have the foundation for a truly ground breaking, new sensation in electronic drums.
The Drumit Five does not come with a stool, sticks or headphones. If you already have a drum kit, then chances are you'll have all these items anyway, but if you're starting from scratch you'll need to buy these extra bits in order to get going. Any stool, kick drum pedal, headphones & sticks will work with the Drumit Five, but here are some links to some of the basic options you might need.
- Module: 10 dual-function trig inputs, (max 14 independent trig channels), 2 audio line in, 6 audio line out plus headphones (8 total), USB (full-speed), MIDI in and out, (17 1) * 4 character LCD, 10 channel buttons, 9 system buttons, 3 rotary dials, 1 volume knob, external power supply.
- Sounds: Recorded in multi channel
- Mode: direct mic(s), overhead mics, ambience mics and optional synth channel. Recorded with extensive multi layering and several recordings per layer. Mixed down to stereo DrumIt sounds. User sounds can be created from any wav, aiff or rex files. Also included in the sound library are a large amount of loops and sequences.
- Kits: 128 fully editable drum kits.
- Pads: 8 to 14 inch sizes equipped with mesh heads, standard heads or special designed rubber heads.
- Cymbals: Chokeable three zone cymbals: bell, ride and edge, mounted as traditional cymbals.
- Hi-hat: Special hi-hat controller mounted on a traditional hi-hat stand.
- Pedals: Hi-hat and kick pedal.
- Stand: Rack stand system (proprietary design), brackets are compatible with various other rack stand systems on the market.
- Editor: PC / Mac software for editing drum kits on the computer and (in a later revision) editing DrumIt sounds or create multi-sampled user sounds from wav, aiff or rex files.
Here's what the brain has to offer
- 10 dual-function trigger inputs
- low latency trigger interface
- 6 mono line out stereo headphone out
- stereo audio in
- 128 user editable kits
- USB interface PC / Mac virtual kit manager
- proprietary lossless compression format
- 24bit sound playback
What 2Box say about the DrumIt 5 Kit
Easy to setup and use
The specially designed rack stand is focused to be light-weight, roadworthy and easy to set-up. It allows the user to adjust the pads and cymbals to there particular playing style. The kick position is adjustable but mounted to the stand.
Use the head of your choice
The DrumIt Five system offers the possibility to play any type of regular drum head, mesh head or the new rubber head. All heads are exchangeable in the same way as you would change a drum head on a regular drum.
Play your own sounds
By means of the DrumIt Five editor (PC/Mac), you can make your own multi-sampled sounds from wave, aiff or rex files. Together with sounds from the DrumIt library, you can create any kit you desire.
Use professionally edited DrumIt sounds
Select sounds from the DrumIt sound library, made by top artists, recorded in multi-channel multi-layer format in professional studios, carefully edited to offer unsurpassed sound quality..
Select Different size pads
The pads come in a range of sizes from 8 to 14 inch. They all feature head and rim sensors. Although the pads are of a lightweight design, they are cast in aluminum and extremely strong.
The DrumIt Five module allows you to trigger loops by hitting a pad, play to your own sequences or connect your media player to the line in socket.
Edit kits and make your own sounds
The DrumIt editor allows the user to create kits on their computer by way of easy drag-and-drop editing. Sounds can be played from the virtual pads to check how the kit will sound. The multi-channel, multi-layered DrumIt sounds can be remixed and adjusted to the user's own taste. New multi-layered sounds can be created from wav, aiff or rex files. All these can be downloaded via USB to the DrumIt module.
Play the Hi-Hat the way you are used too
The DrumIt hi-hat works the same as a conventional acoustic hi-hat, i.e. the playing surface moves up and down. It has the same silent rubber surface as the cymbals. The built-in sensor detects the vertical movement which, together with the multi-zone trig sensor, enables to reproduce the broad sound palette inherent to a hi-hat.
Download by USB
When DrumIt Five is connected to a computer by USB, all sounds and kits can easily be downloaded to the internal Flash memory. Use the editor to download complete kits or just drag-and-drop from the computer's file manager.
Use Multi-zone cymbals
The cymbals behave as their acoustic counterpart. They are free to swing on their stand and can be played at any part of the surface. They all have three zones: bell, ride and edge. By gripping the edge one can choke the cymbal sound.
Enjoy fast response time and superb dynamics
The DrumIt Five trigger system offers low latency triggering and great dynamic range. Depending on the pad type, several zones are available, eg. pads have head and rim, cymbals offer bell, ride and edge, etc...
Experience great sound quality
The DrumIt Five sound engine uses a proprietary loss-less compression format delivering the best possible 24 bit sound quality to your monitor system.