Dream Cymbals Vintage Bliss Series Crash/Ride 17"
Here's what Dream Cymbals have to say about the Vintage Bliss Series Crash / Ride 17"
The Vintage Bliss Cymbals look like they were teleported — brand new — from the 1940s or ’50s. Characterized by very low bow and low taper bells and lots of hand hammering. This series is extremely rich and dark. The 17 is a fantastic fast crash yet also makes a great suspended cymbal due to its surprisingly nimble response.
The very first Bliss prototypes were a unique micro-lathed hand hammered cymbal with a signature soft edge, low profile bell and gradual taper. Overnight these became collector’s items. So popular we released them as their own line: Vintage Bliss.
Their unique shape and weight give them and even wilder froth of ocean in the sound, while maintaining a rich warm stick sound. Supremely responsive and full bodied they also have a fairly fast decay. These make truly functional crash-rides, the crashes are full and punchy while maintaining a defined stick sound supported by just the right amount of wash.
- Surface: micro-lathed by hand
- Bow: low gentle bridge
- Bell: broad shoulder, smooth transition medium low height
- Weight: thin tapers at edge
- Hammering: hand hammered before and after lathing
- Stick: woody round attack
- Wash: tons of wash, dragons breath, lots of wobble, quick decay
1 In Stock
Order now for delivery to you on Monday, 26 March 2018 This item may be on display
Applies to most UK postcodes. Please allow 2-3 days for delivery to Northern Ireland, Scottish Highlands, UK Islands & Mainland Europe
1 in stock at our Guildford store
- This item may be our display / demo model.
- Please call to check the condition of this item.
Stock levels last updated at
Free UK Delivery