Pearl Drums Masterworks Modern Dry Sonic Select 13"x5" SnareIn Tamo
Picture may show a different kit configuration to what is advertised. Please check description to see what is included in this kit.
The Modern Dry Sonic Select Recipe
The shell is 2 ply gumwood inner with 2 ply maple outer and 4 ply mahogany reinforcement rings. A thin shell with softer tonewood reinforcement rings to add to the low end of the kit. The bearing edges are inner 45 degree cut which is a bit unusual for Pearl. This was done to focus the head and shell contact to the inner plies and increase control when tuning the drum in very low tuning. The hoops on these drums are the MasterCast hoops adding weight for increased volume and sustain. To finish the shell off the STL lugs has been bolted on for minimal shell restriction.
What do these specs mean?
The sound that this design will deliver is subtle projection with exceptional sustain and great low end.
History of Pearl
Pearl have been making musical equipment in Japan since 1946. In 1950 founder Katsumi Yanagisawa refocused the company's efforts towards drums before adding Latin percussion, Timpani and marching drums a few years later.
Since then Pearl have gone from strength to strength. A favourite with professional players all over the world including Dennis Chambers, Ian Paice and Joey Jordison to name a few, Pearl have created a reputation as solid as their hardware.
Here's what Pearl say about the Modern Dry Sonic Select
Represents new ground in Master works; focusing on quick, top heavy articulation with controlled low end for today’s multifaceted beat creator.
Classic tonality for the modern independent studio that speaks with a subdued, natural flavor. Excellent for driving Acoustic stylings and everything from Electronic Dance to Songwriter Pop.
Each drum produces a fat, centered tone that blends well in play. The shell’s unique Maple/Gumwood/Mahogany combo adds control and restraint.
- Shell: 4-ply Maple and Gumwood with 4-ply Mahogany Reinforcement Rings – A thin shell with softer ring and tonewood that adds focus in the bottom end.
- Edge: Inner 45° – An unconventional edge that contacts the head beyond the shoulder. Focuses the apex to the inner shell plies and increasing control in low tunings.
- Hardware: MasterCast Hoops – Added weight for increased volume and controlled sustain on each drum.
- Lugs: STL Swivel Lugs have a pivoting brass tension casing in the two-point STL lug assuring accurate tuning, decreased shell weight, and increased low-end power.
1 In Stock
Order now for delivery to you on Monday, 21 January 2019 This item may be on display
Applies to most UK postcodes. Please allow 2-3 days for delivery to Northern Ireland, Scottish Highlands, UK Islands & Mainland Europe
1 in stock at our Guildford store
- This item may be our display / demo model.
- Please call to check the condition of this item.
Stock levels last updated at
Free UK Delivery