Pearl Drums Masterworks Heritage Snare 14"x5.5" in Eucalyptus
Picture may show a different kit configuration to what is advertised. Please check description to see what is included in this kit.
The Heritage Sonic Select Recipe
The shell is 4 ply composite of 2 ply mahogany inner and 2 ply maple outer with 4 ply maple reinforcement rings. This combination has a classic midrange tone but the mahogany adds to give a thunderous boosted low end. The bearing edge is a straight 45 degree cut which gives a projective response and allows the darker tones from the shell to speak out. Hardware/fittings are the FatTone hoops which are light weight but allow the shell to vibrate and extend the shells sustain without losing rigidity and to help tuning stability. To finish the drum off the minimalistic STL lug is added to the shells to maximise the shell vibration but also maximise the amount of finish of the shell visible.
What do these specs mean?
The sound that this design will deliver is subtle projection with exceptional sustain and great low end.
History of Pearl
Pearl have been making musical equipment in Japan since 1946. In 1950 founder Katsumi Yanagisawa refocused the company's efforts towards drums before adding Latin percussion, Timpani and marching drums a few years later.
Since then Pearl have gone from strength to strength. A favourite with professional players all over the world including Dennis Chambers, Ian Paice and Joey Jordison to name a few, Pearl have created a reputation as solid as their hardware.
Here's what Pearl say about the Heritage Sonic Select
Recalls a classic age in drum-making by balancing the power of Maple with the warmth of Mahogany for enhanced lows and fat top-end slap.
Growling and robust in any live or recording setting,the thin Heritage shell speaks with extended, even decay; yet projects with authority in a variety of styles; from Funk to Guitar Rock, Country to Blues.
Produces thunderous sub-bass frequencies with exceptional sustain and subtle projection.
- Shell: 4-ply Maple / Mahogany w/ 4-ply Maple Reinforcement Rings – Responds like the rumble of a classic roadster; a classic combination of mid-range projection and boosted low-end thunder.
- Edge: Outer 45° – Traditional edge draws added projection and resonance in this darker-toned shell.
- Hardware: FatTone Hoops – Lighter in weight but never lacking in rigidity. Respond similarly to the original “stick-chopper” of the vintage era with added tuning stability. Excellent for drawing extended sustain.
- Lugs: STL Swivel Lugs have less direct shell contact than any other Pearl lug. This little wonder features a pivoting brass tension casing that guarantees even tuning and reduced resistance to shell vibration.
1 In Stock
Order now for delivery to you on Monday, 21 January 2019 This item may be on display
Applies to most UK postcodes. Please allow 2-3 days for delivery to Northern Ireland, Scottish Highlands, UK Islands & Mainland Europe
1 in stock at our Guildford store
- This item may be our display / demo model.
- Please call to check the condition of this item.
Stock levels last updated at
Free UK Delivery