Sadly we are unable to ship this product outside of Europe at this time. We are sorry for any inconvenience this may cause. If you have any questions you can contact us by e-mail at firstname.lastname@example.org or check out our Help Centre.
Over 40 years after it was discontinued, Fender's long-missed Lead Series is back and better than ever before! The Fender Lead III follows the design of the later 1982 model, and is equipped with a pair of humbuckers that are more apt for heavier overdriven and distorted sounds.
Complete with a modern C-shaped neck fitted with medium jumbo frets, the Lead III also sports dual-toggle switches for expanded tones, and of course - that unique Lead double-cutaway shape.
Produced in the late '70s and early '80s, the Fender Lead Series had a relatively short lifespan and only a handful of originals can be found on second-hand online marketplaces. Instead of spending eyebrow-raising prices on these often battered vintage guitars, you can now pick up a brand new Fender Lead model that's not only affordable, but modernised to meet the demands of today's musicians!
Body & Neck
In typical Fender fashion, the Lead III boasts a balanced-sounding Alder body that serves as a great foundation for the punchy-sounding pickups. Joining the body is a bolt-on Maple neck that yields a bright, snappy character; adorned with a smooth Pau Ferro fingerboard. Shaped to Fender's popular Modern "C" profile, this neck offers a comfortable feel that both contemporary and traditional players can enjoy.
Electronics & Hardware
Player Series Alnico 2 humbucking pickups give the Lead III its powerful tone. With thick lows, clear mids and sparkling highs; this dual humbucker configuration is surprisingly versatile. The switches allow you to not only switch between the pickups, but also engage a coil-split mode that provides you with articulate single-coil sounds.
The Fender Lead III comes equipped with a hardtail bridge, featuring block saddles that ensure maximum sustain and solid tuning stability, especially in conjunction with the vintage-style machine heads.
- Body: Alder
- Body Finish: Gloss Polyester
- Body Shape: Lead
- Neck Material: Maple
- Neck Finish: Gloss Polyester
- Neck Shape: Modern "C"
- Scale Length: 25.5" (648 mm)
- Fingerboard: Pau Ferro
- Fingerboard Radius: 9.5" (241 mm)
- Number of Frets: 22
- Frets Size: Medium Jumbo
- String Nut: Synthetic Bone
- Nut Width: 1.650" (42 mm)
- Position Inlays: White Dot
- Bridge Pickup: Player Series Alnico 2 Humbucking
- Neck Pickup: Player Series Alnico 2 Humbucking
- Controls: Master Volume, Master Tone
- Pickup Switching: 3-Position Toggle: Position 1. Bridge Pickup, Position 2. Bridge and Neck Pickups, Position 3. Neck Pickup
- Pickup Configuration: HH
- Bridge: 6-Saddle String-Through-Body Hardtail With Block Saddles
- Hardware Finish: Nickel/Chrome
- Tuning Machines: Vintage-Style
- Pickguard: 3-Ply Black
- Control Knobs: Knurled Flat-Top
- Strings: Fender USA 250L Nickel Plated Steel (.009-.042 Gauges)