While many of Darkglass' forward-thinking bass pedals are designed for modern players, the Vintage Ultra is far more of a traditional affair. Voiced to deliver warm, harmonically-rich and ultimately old-school bass sounds, the Vintage Ultra nevertheless boasts all of the impressive functionality that you'd come to expect from a contemporary Darkglass unit.
The Darkglass Vintage Ultra V2 sports a comprehensive 4-band EQ section complete with numerous frequency and tone-tweaking switches. This pedal therefore allows you to dig seriously deep with your bass sound, and with the ability to even blend your clean input signal with the overdriven signal, you can precisely determine just the right amount of dirt. It doesn't get much more versatile than this!
Modern appointments include a USB port for loading virtual cabinet impulse responses into the pedal from the Darkglass Suite, as well as a cab-simulated 3.5mm headphone output for silent practice. A balanced XLR output with switchable cab simulation is also available, for sending the pedal's signal straight to a front-of-house PA system or into your interface for direct, hassle-free recording.
Undoubtedly, one of best features that the Vintage Ultra has to offer is its 3.5mm stereo aux input. This enables you to play along to backing tracks or your favourite songs via a connected smartphone, tablet or laptop.
- The biting tone you know and love
- Classic overdrive from a vintage microtube circuit
- Dial your tone with Attack and Grunt frequency switches
- Use EQ and distortion independently with separate bypass and distortion footswitches
- Ultimate tonal control with 4-band EQ and 6 selectable mid points
- Impulse Response cabinet simulation with XLR/3.5mm headphone output
- Exceptional variety - load multiple cabinet simulations via the micro-USB connection and Darkglass Suite software
- Switchable ground lift
- Jam along to playback devices, or add pedals during a mixing session with the AUX input
- Power supply not included
- Type: Overdrive / Preamp / IR Sim
- Controls: Master, Blend, Level, Drive, Bass, Lo Mids, Hi Mids, Treble
- Toggle Switches: Attack, Lo Mids (55 Hz/1kHz/250Hz), Grunt, Hi Mids (15kHz/3kHz/750Hz)
- Foot Switches: Distortion, Bypass
- Connectivity: Instrument Input (1/4''), Headphone Output (3.5mm), Direct Output (XLR) with switchable cab sim, aux in
- Input impedance: 1M Ohm
- Output impedance: 1k Ohm
- Power: Powered by optional 9V PSU, (9V DC, centre -, 2.1mm, 110mA current draw)
- Dimensions: 96mm(D) x 125mm(W) x 57mm(H)
- Weight: 0.430 Kg