The Microtubes B7K Ultra set the bar for both bass preamp and overdrive pedals. Known for their trailblazing ideas and unparalleled punchy tones, Darkglass have returned with the latest addition to the stunning B7K bloodline: the Microtubes B7K Ultra V2!
Building on the successful formula of its predecessor, the V2 offers an additional headphone output for silent jamming without compromising your tone. You also get a digital impulse-response cabinet emulation feature which can be tweaked using the free Darkglass Suite software. Silent jamming and hassle-free low-noise recording with Darkglass tones - what's not to love?
What does Ultra mean?
The B7K had a single footswitch that controlled both the overdrive and preamp sections of the pedal. Now these are controlled independently meaning even your clean tone can still have the same incredible B7K attack and shimmer and then you can dial in the overdrive for the riffs that require more of a kick!
You can do a lot with the B7K Ultra V2. 8 knobs, 4 switches and two independant footswitches provide a near-infinite tonal palette at your disposal!
The 4-band EQ offers in-depth mid-frequency switching, so you can go anywhere from a sludgy low-mid boost to a honky high-mid focus for extra clarity - the choice is yours!
You've also got master, blend, level and drive controls that allow you to adjust the volume, compression and all-round crunch. This really is an all-encompassing bass tone toolkit! While Darkglass are often associated with hard rock and metal playing styles, the B7K Ultra V2 is a pedal that will be right at home on any board - regardless of your style!
It's all very well and good recording or playing bass via DI - you essentially get a pure, uninterrupted tone with plenty of clarity. But your sound truly comes to live when it's cranked through a cabinet and mic'd up correctly, which is why blending mic and DI bass sounds is such a common practice.
With the B7K Ultra V2, Darkglass have provided top-notch cab emulation capability as a built-in feature. With a number of presets available out of the box (including one from Adam 'Nolly' Getgood, bass tone extraordinaire) you'll hear your tone come to life in spectacular fashion. The best bit though? You don't need to crank it up to 10 to make it sound good! You can now record in total silence while retaining the full sonic glory of a mic'd up cabinet - stunning!
- Microtubes dynamic saturation circuit
- Separate Bypass and Distortion foot-switches - allows use of Distortion and EQ independently
- 4 Band EQ with 6 selectable mid frequencies
- Connect to your PC/Mac to load different Virtual Cabinets (one at a time) via Micro-USB and free 'Darkglass Suite’ software
- 3.5mm headphone output and Balanced XLR output with switchable IR cabinet simulation
- Attack and Grunt frequency emphasis switches
- Clean and Distortion type Blend controls
- Separate Bypass and Distortion foot-switches allows use of Distortion and EQ independently
- 4 Band EQ, 6 selectable mid points
- ± 20dB master volume control
- IR (impulse response) cabinet simulation
- Load different Virtual Cabinets (one at a time)
- Connect to your PC/Mac via Micro-USB
- Free ‘Darkglass Suite’ software
- 3.5mm headphone output with cabinet simulation
- Balanced XLR output with switchable IR cabinet simulation
- Switchable ground lift
- Input impedance: 1M Ohm
- Output impedance: 1k Ohm
- Powered by optional 9V PSU (9V DC, centre -, 2.1mm)