Darkglass themselves state that the Alpha Omega Ultra is the most versatile bass preamp that they have ever conceived. Featuring two distinctive distortion circuits (Alpha and Omega), this stompbox also has an extremely high dynamic range; complete with a flexible 6-band active graphic EQ.
A host of other contemporary features, including a newly-introduced aux input, make for an incredibly comprehensive tool for the modern bass player!
The Ultimate Tone-Shaper
The Darkglass Alpha Omega Ultra V2 sports a highly-tweakable 6-band EQ section, allowing you to dig seriously deep with your bass sound. And with the ability to even blend your clean input signal with the processed overdriven signal, you can precisely determine just the right amount of dirt. It doesn't get much more versatile than this!
Convincing Cab Simulation
Modern appointments include a USB port for loading virtual cabinet impulse responses into the pedal from the Darkglass Suite, as well as a cab-simulated 3.5mm headphone output for silent practice. A balanced XLR output with switchable cab simulation is also available, for sending the pedal's signal straight to a front-of-house PA system or into your interface for direct, hassle-free recording.
Undoubtedly, one of best features that the Alpha Omega Ultra V2 has to offer is its 3.5mm stereo aux input. This enables you to play along to backing tracks or your favourite songs via a connected smartphone, tablet or laptop.
- Dual distortion engines (Alpha & Omega)
- Bite and Growl frequency emphasis switches
- Clean and Distortion type Blend controls
- Separate Bypass and Distortion foot-switches - allows use of Distortion and EQ independently
- Six-band active Graphic EQ
- ± 20dB master volume control
- IR (impulse response) cabinet simulation
- Load different Virtual Cabinets (one at a time)
- Connect to your PC/Mac via Micro-USB
- Free ‘Darkglass Suite’ software
- 3.5mm headphone output with cabinet simulation
- Balanced XLR output with switchable IR cabinet simulation
- Switchable ground lift
- Input impedance: 1M Ohm
- Output impedance: 1k Ohm
- Powered by optional 9V PSU - (9V DC, centre -, 2.1mm, ~110mA current draw)