With heavier bottom strings combined with lighter high strings, the D'Addario XL 10-52 Light Top/Heavy Bottom Set are perfect for bending in those screeching guitar solos. Wound with nickel plated steel you can expect the classic D'Addario bright, distinctive tone.
Here's what D'Addario say about the D'Addario EXL140-8 Electric Guitar Strings:
The EXL140-8 combines one of D'Addario's most popular hybrid sets, EXL140, two additional low strings to create a set optimized for 8-string electric guitars. This combination delivers powerful low end for heavy chording and flexible plain steel strings for bending.
XL Nickel Wound, D'Addario's most popular electric guitar strings, are precision wound with nickel-plated steel onto a carefully drawn, hexagonally shaped, high carbon steel core. The result, strings with long lasting, distinctive bright tone and excellent intonation, is ideal for the widest variety of guitars and musical styles.
- Optimized for 8-string electrics tuned F#, B, E, A, D, G, B, E
- Round wound with nickel-plated steel for distinctive bright tone
- Environmentally friendly, corrosion resistant packaging for strings that are always fresh
- Made in the U.S.A. for the highest quality and performance
- String Gauges: Plain Steel .010, .013 .017, Nickel Wound .030, .042, .054, .064, .074