The PRS Sonzera 20 is a flexible 20-watt valve combo amplifier, boasting 2 independently-controlled and footswitchable channels for excellent versatility.
Driven by a pair of 6L6 power tubes and fitted with a high-quality Celestion V-Type speaker, the PRS Sonzera offers American-inspired sounds that stretch from '60s-style cleans to thick and ferocious distortion. And with a compact enclosure, the PRS Sonzera 20 serves as a brilliant "grab and go" combo that still delivers plenty of output.
The PRS Sonzera is designed to cover a lot of sonic ground without being overly-complicated to use, with both channels voiced to maximise note clarity and definition. The Sonzera's clean channel delivers articulate and full-bodied tones that, despite its modest 20W of power, has lots of headroom and can be heard easily over a drummer in a gigging scenario. Featuring Bass and Treble controls, you can adequately shape the sound of the clean channel to preference.
Channel 2 is related to channel 1 when it comes to its circuitry, meaning that you can seamlessly set it up to offer a boosted clean tone. However, you can also configure it to provide a completely diverse distortion tone - like having two different amps in one! With a more controllable 3-band EQ section, you can precisely set your preferred sound and even use the gain channel's bright switch to introduce some high-end snap and tighten the lows.
PRS' Sonzera 20 sports a global Presence control, which lets you manipulate the highs of the amp - from warm and subtle, to bright and chimey. The Sonzera 20 Combo also features a Reverb control that is designed to add some sweet ambience without clouding notes or taking away any clarity. The reverb function can be engaged via the included footswitch, making it perfect for adding depth to solos or space to clean passages when necessary.
The addition of a built-in effects loop allows you to use your time-based and modulation effects with ease, without negatively impacting the overall tone of the amp. This makes the PRS Sonzera 20 a great pedal platform amp, adding to its versatility.
- Wattage (Nominal): 20 Watts
Front Panel Controls
- Gain Channel: Treble, Middle, Bass, Level, Drive, Bright Switch
- Clean Channel: Treble, Bass
- Global: Presence, Reverb
Back Panel Features
- Inlet: Fused Power Inlet (IEC)
- Effects Loop: Loop Return, Loop Send
- Bias: Fixed Bias, Adjustable (bias jacks accessible from back panel)
- Extension Speaker Jacks: 5, Parallel
- Ohm Switching: 4 (x2), 8 (x2), 16 Ohms
- Channels: Gain & Clean
- Cabinet Material / Construction: Poplar Plywood
- Covering: Stealth
- Grill Cloth: Black and Cream
- Piping: Gold
- Speaker: 1x12 Celestion V-Type Speaker
- Total Impedence: 16 Ohms
- Power Tubes: (2) 6L6GCMS
- Preamp Tubes: (1) JJ ECC83S, (3) 12AX7AC5
Preamp Tube Positions & Functions
- V1 12AX7, Common Input Gain Stage
- V2 12AX7AC5, Gain Channel
- V3 12AX7AC5, Reverb
- V4 12AX7AC5, Phase Inverter
- Amp Width: 19.5"
- Amp Depth: 10.5"
- Amp Height: 18"
- Amp Weight: 42 lbs.
- Total Impedence: 16 Ohms
- Included Accessories: 2-Button Footswitch (Channel Gain/Clean, Reverb On/Off)