Eric Johnson is a virtuoso in every sense of the word. Re-popularising instrumental guitar music in the mid-'80s, Johnson's unique approach to melody and harmony set him apart from his contemporaries. Building a large and highly-acclaimed discography, Johnson has deservingly reached legendary status.
The Texas-born guitarist has always been synonymous with Fender Stratocasters, and his stunning signature model is made to meet his meticulous demands. Every facet of this instrument is designed to Johnson's own detailed specs, from the custom pickup set to the "V"-shaped neck, classy bound Rosewood fingerboard, and old-school nitrocellulose body/neck finish.
Classic Fender Construction
The Eric Johnson Strat features the customary Alder body/Maple neck construction that so many of Fender's instruments adhere to. While the balanced-sounding Alder body serves as a fantastic tonal foundation for the trio of single-coils, the quartersawn Maple neck gives this instrument a definitive snap and plenty of upper mid-range clarity for searing solo runs.
Soft "V" Neck Shape
A signature element of the Fender Eric Johnson that many fans adore is its "Soft V" neck profile. Offering optimal support for your thumb when fretting chords, the "V" shape is subtle enough to allow for effortless lead lines in the higher register. Another distinctive feature of the neck is its relatively flat 12" fingerboard radius; a design twist that'll surely appeal to modern players - especially with the medium-jumbo frets too!
Specially-Voiced Eric Johnson Single-Coils
Eric Johnson is notoriously fastidious about tone, and the pickups used in his signature Stratocaster are specifically wired to suit his exacting ear. Vibrant and flourishing with clean amp settings, these single-coils sound simply divine when used in conjunction with warbly chorus and lush reverb effects - just like Johnson frequently does. Add some overdrive or fuzz, and these pickups can really sing with plenty of sustain and mid-range focus.
- Body: Alder
- Body Finish: Nitrocellulose Lacquer
- Body Shape: Stratocaster
- Neck Material: Quartersawn Maple
- Neck Finish: Gloss Nitrocellulose Lacquer
- Neck Shape: Soft "V"
- Scale Length: 25.5" (648 mm)
- Fingerboard: Rosewood
- Fingerboard Radius: 12" (305 mm)
- Number of Frets: 21
- Frets Size: Medium Jumbo
- String Nut: Bone
- Nut Width: 1.650" (42 mm)
- Position Inlays: White Pearloid Dot
- Truss Rods: Vintage-Style Butt Adjust
- Bridge Pickup: Specially Voiced Eric Johnson Single-Coil with Countersunk Mounting Screws
- Middle Pickup: Specially Voiced Eric Johnson Single-Coil with Countersunk Mounting Screws
- Neck Pickup: Specially Voiced Eric Johnson Single-Coil with Countersunk Mounting Screws
- Controls: Master Volume, Tone 1. (Neck Pickup), Tone 2. (Bridge Pickup)
- Pickup Switching: 5-Position Blade: Position 1. Bridge Pickup, Position 2. Bridge and Middle Pickup, Position 3. Middle Pickup, Position 4. Middle and Neck Pickup, Position 5. Neck Pickup
- Bridge: 6-Saddle American Vintage Synchronized Tremolo
- Hardware Finish: Nickel/Chrome
- Tuning Machines: Vintage-Style Staggered
- Pickguard: 1-Ply Parchment
- Control Knobs: Parchment Plastic
- Strings: Fender USA 250R Nickel Plated Steel (.010-.046 Gauges)
- Unique Features: Quartersawn Maple Neck with Soft "V" Shape and Vintage Tint, Bound Round Laminated Rosewood Fingerboard, Extra Smooth Neck to Headstock Volute, Special Neckplate with Engraved EJ and Kokopelli, 2-Piece Deep Contoured '57 Style Lightweight Alder Body, 1957 Style Body Cavities, 12" Radius Fingerboard, Pearloid Dot Inlay Position Markers, Height Staggered Vintage Style Tuners which Eliminate the Need for String Trees, Vintage Tremolo with Silver Painted Block and '57 Style String Recess (No Paint Between Base Plate and Block), 3-Ply 8-Hole Parchment Pickguard, 5 Tremolo Springs and No Back Tremolo Cover Plate
- Included Accessories: Deluxe Blonde Hardshell Case, Levy's Woven Strap, 15' Koil Kords; Cable, "Ash Tray" Bridge Cover