The Fender Stratocaster is the world's most popular guitar, known for its ergonomic body shape and trio of vibrant-sounding single-coil pickups. This Vintera '70s Strat keeps many coveted features intact that are true to the models which defined the decade; sure to satisfy traditionalists who seek vintage tones and a classic feel.
Limited Edition '70s Strat
Fitted with a set of Custom Shop '69 single-coil pickups, this limited edition Fender Vintera '70s Strat has a spellbinding voice that'll outshine frankly any other guitar of a similar price. A hardtail bridge is another feature unique to original '70s Strats — a rare appointment that this special edition Fender Strat pays homage to.
Timeless Fender Construction
Fender has relied on a favoured tonewood combination for the Vintera '70s Strat. Boasting an Alder body, this medium-weight material keeps things balanced across the frequency spectrum; the perfect tonal foundation for the pokey pickups. The Alder body is joined with a bolt-on Maple neck, bringing out some bright top-end snap that gives the instrument a very responsive and immediate feel.
Early '70s "C" Neck Profile
A time-honoured early '70s "C” profile provides a comfortable feel; slim enough for contemporary players yet thick enough to keep the old-school aficionados happy. Vintage frets also contribute to the nostalgic feel, as well as the period-accurate 7.25" fingerboard radius.
Custom Shop '69 Pickups
For authentic Fender tone, this limited edition '70s Vintera Stratocaster sports three Custom Shop ‘69 single-coils — wired in the USA. Crystalline and bell-like, these pickups emit the crisp, articulate sounds that put Fender on the map!
Original hardtail '70s Strats are highly sought-after, and Fender has paid tribute to these rare instruments with its limited edition Vintera '70s Strat. Said to achieve greater sustain and deeper lows, a hardtail bridge is preferred by players who forgo tremolos in favour of a more solid feel and a richer sound.
Vintage "F"-Stamped Tuners
The period-correct "F"-stamped machine heads offer vintage-era aesthetics, while their bulletproof design ensures stellar performance and exceptional tuning stability.
- Body: Alder
- Body Finish: Gloss Polyester
- Body Shape: Stratocaster
- Neck Material: Maple
- Neck Finish: Gloss Urethane
- Neck Shape: Early '70s "C"
- Neck Plate: 3-Bolt "F" Stamped with Micro-Tilt
- Scale Length: 25.5" (648 mm)
- Fingerboard: Maple
- Fingerboard Radius: 7.25" (184.1 mm)
- Number of Frets: 21
- Frets Size: Vintage
- String Nut: Synthetic Bone
- Nut Width: 1.650" (42 mm)
- Position Inlays: Black Dot
- Truss Rod: Bullet Style
- Bridge Pickup: Custom Shop '69 Strat Single-Coil
- Middle Pickup: Custom Shop '69 Strat Single-Coil
- Neck Pickup: Custom Shop '69 Strat Single-Coil
- Controls: Master Volume, Tone 1. (Neck Pickup), Tone 2. (Middle Pickup)
- Pickup Switching: 5-Position Blade: Position 1. Bridge Pickup, Position 2. Bridge and Middle Pickup, Position 3. Middle Pickup, Position 4. Middle and Neck Pickup, Position 5. Neck Pickup
- Bridge: 6-Saddle Strings-Through-Body Strat Hardtail with Bent Steel Saddles
- Hardware Finish: Nickel/Chrome
- Tuning Machines: Fender Vintage "F" Stamped
- Pickguard: 3-Ply Mint Green
- Control Knobs: Parchment Plastic
- Strings: Fender USA 250L Nickel Plated Steel (.009-.042 Gauges)
- Case/Gig Bag: Deluxe Gig Bag