The U44 is an ultra portable Audio Interface that's perfect for mobile recording and on the go performances. It features a 4in/4out configuration that can provide the centrepiece of your mobile studio, connecting to either a laptop or an iPhone/ipad (needs lightning to USB cable) to capture and create great sounding audio, whatever the venue.
The U-44 offers the same high-quality, low-noise mic preamps as Zoom's H5 and H6 Handy Recorders, plus compatibility with Zoom’s Interchangeable Input Capsules for a huge range of flexibility.
A Swiss Army Knife of Connections
The U-44 features a full array of inputs and outputs so that you will always be prepared when an on location recording throws you a curveball.
Two combo inputs with independent gain knobs and multi-color level indicators provide flexibility for connecting mics, keyboards, and mixers. 48V phantom power can be supplied to inputs 1 and 2, and input 1 supports Hi-Z input for connecting passive guitars, basses, or other instruments. MIDI I/O jacks enable synchronization with devices like electronic keyboards, controllers, and synthesizer or sampler modules.
Multiple output options including 1/4”, RCA, and S/PDIF allow you to connect things like DJ mixers and speakers. Monitoring your mix is easy thanks to a dedicated headphone output with independent volume control. The direct monitor knob makes it possible to blend your headphone mix between the input and playback signals—perfect for live electronic music performance and DJ’ing.
Choose Your Weapon
If you find the built in connection options still a little lacking, or want a particular tool to add to your mobile arsenal, the U44 offers a range of additional input Capsules that you can connect via Zoom's propriatary, 10 pin connection. there's 6 Capsules to choose from (all sold separately); including X/Y, Shock Mount X/Y, Mid/Side, Shotgun, Stereo Shotgun, and Dual XLR/TRS Combo input. Whether you're looking to get the perfect recording of your live band performance, or capture sound design for your next film project, there's something to suit your setup.
AD/DA Conversion Handles all your Audio
And it's not just about Recording! With the U44 you can transfer all your audio with total clarity. Whether you're hoping to digitize all your analog records and tapes, or create digital samples for your tracks, The high quality AD/DA converter in the U44 will ensure complete transparency between audio formats
- Multi-channel and stereo USB audio interface for PC/Mac
- Connect to iPhone/iPad with Apple iPad Camera Connection Kit or Lightning-to-USB Camera Adapter (sold separately), plus 2 AA batteries or optional AC adapter for power
- Two mic/line inputs with high-performance mic preamps
- High-quality recording and playback at resolutions up to 24-bit/96 kHz
- Compatible with Zoom interchangeable input capsules via 10-pin connector
- Standalone AD/DA conversion
- Functions as a two-channel mic preamp with analog and digital outputs
- Approximately 4 hours of operation with 2 AA alkaline batteries
- Includes download code for Ableton Live 9 Lite
- Four-channel simultaneous inputs
- Hi-Z support (input 1)
- Zero-latency direct monitoring
- Three TRS phone jack outputs
- Dedicated RCA L/R and headphone outputs
- MIDI I/O
- S/PDIF optical/coaxial input and output
- Gain control knobs for each input
- +48V phantom power for inputs 1 and 2
- Accepts standard AA alkaline or NiMH rechargeable batteries