sE Electronics Rupert Neve Designs RNT Tube Condenser Microphone
This item is out of stock. We can special order this item from our supplier.
to order online today
at our Guildford Store
FREE UK Delivery
Earn 2199 Loyalty Points
Click and Collect
sE Electronics continue their strong bond with industry legend Rupert Neve to bring us the RNT Tube Mic.
The RNT is a gorgeous tube condensor microphone that takes inspiration from the classic microphones of the past to create a flagship microphone with amazing depth and quality. Utilising the immense experience of the Rupert Neve Designs Team in the UK, sE Electronics have designed a dream microphone with a dual diaphragm capsule to create the perfect setting for every application.
The RNT uses a hand-crafted, complex condensor capsule, developed over several years of critcal listening, mesurement and experimentation to reach the final mic itself. The RNT utilizes fully discrete, Class-A electronics throughout both of its active stages so that you have fantastic headroom and a wide dynamic range. The first stage is tube-based, with a hand-selected, low-noise ECC82 tube within the microphone chassis, and implementing a custom-built Rupert Neve Designs output transformer. The second stage is within the floor box – which also controls polar pattern, filter and gain switching – and is built around the same custom op-amps used in Rupert Neve Designs’ flagship 5088 recording console, known worldwide for its unrivaled transparency and headroom. This second stage is also coupled with a second custom-made Rupert Neve Designs output transformer.
Hand-crafted, gold-sputtered 1" true condenser capsule
- The finest and most complex capsule sE has ever built
- Hand-crafted and individually tuned in our very own factory
- Refined electrode design delivers supremely natural sound quality
Nine selectable polar patterns
- Precisely-tuned dual-diaphragm capsule design allows you to choose the perfect setting for every application
- Minimize unwanted signal bleed with ease
Hand-selected ECC82 tube and custom Rupert Neve Designs audio transformer
- Each microphone-grade tube is carefully selected and pretested in-house
- Allows for stunning realism and depth in recordings
- Unique tube circuit design optimized for driving the first custom-made transformer
Custom-made, discrete Class-A Rupert Neve Designs amplification
- Delivers the sonic character and performance expected from the world's most prized recording equipment
- Utilizes the same operational amplifiers found in Rupert Neve Designs' flagship 5088 console
- These discrete op-amps ensure enormous headroom, ultra-wide bandwidth, zero crossover distortion, and quality without compromise
In the floor box: a second custom-built Rupert Neve Designs audio transformer
- Designed for sweet, musical performance and bulletproof isolation
- Provides the legendary sonic character of Rupert Neve's famous transformers
Hand-crafted metal housing with premium finish
- All-metal construction built with highest attention to detail
- Efficient rejection of any electrical interference and noise
- High quality finish ensures a great look for many years
Active gain stage with three switchable levels
- Provides 24dB of extended dynamic range for a wide range of applications
- Discrete Rupert Neve Designs op-amp cards ensure pristine performance
- Suitable for everything from delicate ambience recordings to close-miking of extremely loud instruments and voices
Two switchable active low-cut filters
- Custom Rupert Neve Designs op-amps implemented for best possible sound quality
- Reduce unwanted rumble or foot-fall noise, or compensate for proximity effect
Here's what sE Electronics say about the RNT Microphone
The RNT is the third microphone in the collaboration between sE Electronics and Rupert Neve Designs, founded by the legendary audio designer Mr. Rupert Neve. Much like the RNR1 Active Ribbon and RN17 Small-Diaphragm Condenser, the RNT is something truly special, developed over several years of careful listening and measurement by Mr. Rupert Neve, Mr. Siwei Zou, and the engineering teams from both Rupert Neve Designs and sE Electronics. All in all, this new flagship tube microphone brings the larger-than-life sounds of classic studio microphones into the modern age with greater depth and clarity than ever before.
- sE Electronics
- Capsule Type
- Polar Pattern
- Diaphragm Size
- Trade Doubler Group ID
- Includes Shockmount
Earn loyalty points whenever you shop at Andertons. Points can be earned and used online, in store or over the phone: earn and use points however you choose to shop! No need to sign up - points are added automatically when you make a purchase! The more you shop, the more you save, so start earning points now!
What are points worth?
One point is worth a 1p discount, and there's no limit on the number of points used per purchase! For example, if you have 1000 points, you can redeem them for a £10 discount on any purchase.
How many points will I earn when I shop?
We display the number of points available for a product on the product's page on our website. Normally we'll give you one point for every pound you spend, but watch out for double and triple points deals for even more savings!
Here at Andertons Music Co. we believe that we stock some of the best musical equipment in the world. That's why we want to make it as quick and easy as possible for you to get your order, safe and sound!
We offer a wide range of delivery options to help fit around your busy lifestyle without compromise. This includes free, named-day delivery for most UK postcodes on orders over £99 which are in stock, Saturday & Sunday deliveries, and competitive delivery rates worldwide.
Please note: Some UK postcodes including remote areas and Northern Ireland are subject to charges.
You can find full details about the services we offer, including details on our international delivery charges, on our main delivery page. Click here to read more.
Trusted Customer7th Jun 2019
Select deposit amount
0% = £0.00
- Total Cash Price
- Amount of Credit
- Duration of Agreement
- 0 Months
- 0 Monthly Repayments
- Cost of Credit
- APR Representative
- Annual Rate of Interest
- Settlement Fee
- Total Amount Payable