A genuine tonal blast - from the past! Charvel's Limited Edition Super Stock Model 2 is based on the brand's old-school Model 2 from the mid-'80s, melding that classic formula with some modern enhancements to suit today's players.
This hot-rodded guitar is loaded with some incredible premium features, including a super-hot Seymour Duncan TB-6 Distortion humbucker and a 1000-Series Floyd Rose tremolo system - making it a true metal machine. With its super-cool skull and bones graphic and pointed reverse headstock, this mean-looking instrument will certainly turn some heads!
Alder is a classic tonewood commonly used in the construction of Strat-style guitars; a tradition that Charvel has largely continued to adhere to. With very balanced tonal qualities, Alder ensures a strong mid-range that lends itself particularly well to high-gain; producing a focused tone that can punch through effortlessly in frantic mixes.
Paired with a Maple neck, this bright-sounding wood will help to deliver some lively top-end definition, while the bolt-on construction provides a snappy response with plenty of projection and clarity.
A compound radius Ebony fingerboard is an excellent, high-end feature of this instrument. Rounded at the lower end of the neck to make chords easier to play, the fretboard flattens out in the higher register to make shredding a total breeze. This also helps to prevent notes from fretting out when performing string bends - making it a very practical design.
Electronics & Hardware
This elegant instrument is powered by a high-output Seymour Duncan TB-6 Distortion humbucker, effortlessly handling high doses of gain without breaking a sweat. Delivering searing highs, rich mids and focused lows; this pickup has an incredibly rich and detailed sound.
The Charvel Super Stock Model 2's Floyd Rose 1000 Series tremolo will keep your tuning super solid, with its double-locking design ensuring a return to pitch even with the most aggressive of use!
- Series: Limited Edition
- Body Shape: San Dimas®
- Body Material: Alder
- Body Finish: Gloss
- Neck Material: Maple
- Neck Construction: Bolt-On with Graphite Reinforcement and Scarf Joint
- Neck Finish: Hand-Rubbed Urethane
- Fingerboard: Ebony, 12”-16” Compound Radius (304.8 mm to 406.4 mm)
- Frets: 22, Jumbo
- Position Inlays: White Dot
- Nut (Material/Width): Floyd Rose® 1000 Series Locking, 1.6875” (42.86 mm)
- Headstock: Reverse Licensed Jackson® Pointed 6-In-Line with Charvel® Logo
- Tuning Machines: Charvel®-Branded Die-Cast
- Scale Length: 25.5” (648 mm)
- Bridge: Floyd Rose® 1000 Series Double-Locking Tremolo (Top-Loaded)
- Pickups: Seymour Duncan® TB-6 Distortion
- Controls: Volume
- Control Knobs: Heavy Knurled Flat-Top
- Hardware Finish: Black
- Strings: Nickel Plated Steel .009-.042 Gauge