Here’s what Charvel say:
The Charvel USA Select DK24 HH 2PT CM is an exquisite USA-made instrument designed for modern players with discerning tastes. Harkening back to Charvel’s roots and born on west coast soil, the USA DK24 is meticulously built by the Charvel team at the Custom Shop in Corona, California, so nothing about this high-performance axe is overlooked.
Wrapped in either an Oxblood or Satin White finish, the Dinky alder body is paired with a two-piece bolt-on caramelized maple “speed” neck with graphite reinforcement, sculpted heel and a silky-smooth hand-rubbed urethane back finish for comfortable playability. The back of the body features a scalloped lower back bout that works in tandem with the shredder cut heel to allow for easy upper fretboard access.
Built for highly-technical playing, its 12”-16” compound radius caramelized maple fingerboard features comfortable rolled edges, 24 stainless steel jumbo frets, pearl dot inlays and a Graph Tech TUSQ XL nut. Luminlay side dots provide fretboard guidance even on the darkest of stages, while a heel-mount truss rod adjustment wheel makes for quick and painless neck relief tweaks.
Full, rich and versatile tone comes from an HH pickup configuration consisting of a direct mount custom Seymour Duncan Full Shred SH-10B bridge pickup and direct mount custom Seymour Duncan Alnico II Pro APH-1N neck pickup. The Full Shred bridge pickup soars with a bold and articulate humbucker voice, while the Alnico II Pro neck pickup delivers warm, buttery vintage tone.
Other premium modern features include a five-way blade switch, two-way toggle (series/parallel) switch, Stratocaster-style skirt knobs for the volume (with 500K EVH Bourns low-friction potentiometer) and no-load tone controls, Gotoh Custom 510 recessed tremolo bridge with titanium saddles and thick brass block, USA-made Sperzel locking tuners, chrome hardware and more.
- Series: USA Select
- Body Shape: Dinky
- Body Material: Alder
- Body Finish: Gloss (739), Satin (776)
- Neck Material: 2-Piece Caramelized Maple
- Neck Construction: Bolt-On with Graphite Reinforcement
- Neck Finish: Hand-Rubbed Urethane
- Truss Rod: Heel-mount Truss Rod Adjustment Wheel
- Fingerboard: Caramelized Maple, 12”-16” Compound Radius (304.8 mm to 406.4 mm)
- Frets: 24, Jumbo Stainless Steel
- Position Inlays: 4mm Pearl Dot
- Nut (Material/Width): Graph Tech TUSQ XL, 1.6875” (42.86 mm)
- Headstock: Licensed Fender Stratocaster
- Tuning Machines: Sperzel Die-Cast Locking
- Scale Length: 25.5” (648 mm)
- Bridge: Gotoh Custom 510 Tremolo Bridge (With Brass Block and Titanium Saddles)
- Pickups: Seymour Duncan Custom Full Shred SH-10B (Bridge), Seymour Duncan Alnico II Pro APH-1N (Neck)
- Special Electronics: 2-Way Toggle (Down - Series/Up - Parallel)
- Controls: Volume (with 500K EVH Bourns Low-Friction Potentiometer),
- No-Load Tone
- Control Knobs: Stratocaster-Style Skirt
- Hardware Finish: Chrome
- Strings: Nickel Plated Steel .009-.042 Gauges
- Case/Gig Bag: Included Charvel SKB Hardshell (p/n 009-0915-000)
- 5-Position Blade
- Position 1: Full Bridge Pickup
- Position 2: Both Outer Coils
- Position 3: Bridge and Neck Pickup
- Position 4: Both Inside Coils
- Position 5: Full Neck Pickup