The Chapman MLB1 is the return of an incredibly popular bass guitar. The new MLB1-5 Pro has some incredible new features that make it one of the best pro basses you can get your hands on at this price point.
Body & Neck
American Black Walnut is used for the body; this may surprise some, as Walnut is known for its density and subsequent tonal brightness. This actually makes for a unique bass tone that sets the MLB1 apart from the crowd. Expect plenty of midrange and a crystal-clear attack, perfect for modern styles.
The neck is roasted Maple, adding the clarity and full-bodied attack. Combined with an Wenge fretboard, and you've got an extremely pronounced bass - the MLB1-5 doesn't do subtlety. To top it off, the neck has an oil finish, the body features a satin finish and ergonomic curves, ensuring a totally comfy playing experience.
Electronics & Hardware
Chapman have loaded the MLB1-5 with 2 x Chapman Jazz humbuckers, featuring warm and hot Alnico 5 magnets. These pickups add an element of contrast to the otherwise bright tonewood combination, taming it and delivering a brilliantly resonant tone all-round.
The new MLB1-5 also features a coil split for a drop of tonal versatility, a dual-action truss rod for stability, and a Chapman Pro hard case. This is a working musician's bass through and through!
- Body: American Black Walnut
- Body Finish: Satin
- Neck: Roasted Maple with American Black Walnut Stripe with oil finish
- Neck Joint: Neck-through with volute
- Roasted Maple with American Black W
- alnut Stripe with Oil Finish
- Neck Finish: Satin
- Fretboard: Wenge fretboard with rolled edges
- Truss Rod: Dual action
- Tuners: Wilkinson
- Headstock: Angled Serekh Five headstock
- String Nut: 45mm Graph Tech Black TUSQ XL Bass Nut
- Nut Width: 34 mm
- Scale: 34" / 864 mm
- 24 Jumbo frets
- Neck Pickup: Chapman Equinox JBuckers Jazz Humbucker (Alnico 5, 12.66k ohms)
- Bridge Pickup: Chapman Equinox JBuckers Jazz Humbucker (Alnico 5, 13.23k ohms)
- Switching: Coil split option
- Colour: Walnut
- Incl. Chapman Pro case