Rabea Massaad's signature model is an absolute beast of a guitar offering bite and power when you need it most, combining classic design with a punchy low-end - perfect for modern metal.
Rabea Massaad on the ML3 BEA
"The ML3 BEA guitars are an amalgamation of all my guitar influences musically and physically up to now in my career - achieving a combination of beauty and brutality - both tonally and visually!"
The body is made of a satin-finished alder, a popular choice for it's balanced, all-round properties. This makes it ideal for contemporary styles and allows the guitar to remain resonant and clear in any mix - particularly important with dense compositions and complex arrangements. A series of carved curves also ensure you'll be ultra-comfortable in handling the aggressive 'T' shape.
Its roasted maple ensures perfect intonation and stability thanks to the torrefaction process, hardening the wood and ridding it of any impurities. The macassar ebony fingerboard offers a familiar feel with a gentle curvature. Add to that the rolled fretboard and you'll quickly realise playing comfort doesn't get much better than this.
Rabea voiced the pickups for his signature model to suit his unique playing style, which incorporates clean passages, bluesy leads and crushing modern metal riffs. The resulting Henchman humbucker (bridge) and mini-rail (neck) combination offers a brilliantly balanced tonal palette.
The bridge position produces razor sharp metal tones. They respond brilliantly to a variety of distortions. Switch to the middle position and you're in a world of compressed twang - cleans sound simply spectacular. The neck position brings the warmth, perfect for well-rounded cleans and rich lead parts. It doesn't end there though; a 5-way switch and coil tap allows for a whole host of extra sounds. The fun never ends.
Black and chrome hardware and reveal binding polishes off this guitars classy, modern aesthetic. A Graph Tech tusq nut reinforces the guitar with extra stability and responsive action. All in all, the ML3 BEA offers more than just modern metal mayhem - it's a perfectly precise machine that'll respond brilliantly to whatever you throw at it.
- BODY TOP: Flame Maple Veneer On Flat Top with Satin Finish
- BODY BACK: Alder with Satin Finish
- BODY BINDING: Reveal
- BODY CARVES: Arm Carve, Front Lower Spoon Cut, Rear Tummy Cut, Rear Lower Spoon Cut, Rear Heel Contour
- HEADSTOCK: Angled Heritage Headstock
- NECK: Roasted Maple - Medium Colour with Satin Finish
- NECK JOINT: Recessed Bolt-on Neck with Volute
- NECK SIZE WIDTH: 42mm 22F 58mm • THICKNESS: 1F 21.5mm 12F 23mm PROFILE: C Shape
- FRETBOARD: Macassar Ebony Fretboard with Rolled Edges
- FRETBOARD RADIUS: 350mm
- FRETS: 22 Nickel Frets
- FRET MARKERS: Glow-in-the-Dark Side Dots
- 12TH FRET INLAY: Pearl Infinity
- SCALE LENGTH: 648mm (25.5")
Hardware & Electronics
- TUNERS: Chapman
- BRIDGE: Chapman String-Through Hardtail
- STRING NUT: 42mm Graph Tech Nut
- NECK PICKUP: Chapman Henchman Mini Rail Humbucker
- BRIDGE PICKUP: Chapman Henchman Humbucker
- PICKUP SWITCH: 3 Way Blade Switch with Coil Split on Push-Pull Tone Knob
- STRAP BUTTONS: Chapman
- STRINGS: Ernie Ball