The ML3 Pro Traditional has proven to be a popular take on the classic T-style guitar. The latest addition to the ML3 roster is a unique one for Chapman; their first semi-hollow guitar! Punchy but responsive classic tones courtesy of the ML3 traditional formula, but with an unmistakably semi-hollow quality - winner.
The most notable feature of this guitar is, of course, its semi-hollow construction. This body type, with its single f-hole, gives the guitar extra warmth, lower-midrange emphasis, and resonance. Semi-hollow guitars are often associated with bluesy styles, and this guitar is great for that but it can also handle higher gain styles and will add a different sound to your playing.
The back is made from mahogany which is known for its warmth and lower-end response while the top is flame maple for some added brightness. A distinguishing feature of this ML3 (aside from the f-hole) is the roasted maple neck and fingerboard. Roasted maple is more stable than regular maple, and with its rolled edges and satin finish it makes for a comfortable playing experience. The neck also has glow-in-the-dark side dot fret markers so you won't lose your place when playing on stage in low-light.
The guitar is finished in a luxurious Vintage Honey Burst that allows the Maple top to work its magic. To complete the look, Chapman have designed a more modern take on the f-hole too.
Hardware and Electronics
One of the standout features of this model is the dual P90 configuration. P90s combine the best of both worlds; a touch of single-coil twang and dynamics, but with a higher, more rounded output that really lets the tonewood come into its own.
A 3-way pickup selector gives you just enough tonal legroom to get the most out of the P90s. It's a classic T-style setup but with just a little more on tap - you'll be amazed at the richness of the neck position sound.
The ML3 Pro Traditional semi-hollow features a dual-action truss rod, TUSQ nut, hardtail bridge with brass saddles, and Hipshot Grip-Lock locking tuners for rock-solid tuning stability. Chapman have also taken steps to ensure your guitar is safe and sound; strap-locks and a Chapman Pro hard case come included in the package.
Here's What Chapman Say About the ML3 Pro Semi-Hollow Traditional:
Responsive and powerful like a wolf in wolf's clothing, the ML3 Modern Semi-Hollow is a soaring rock machine with all the cut and punch you need to carry you through the mix.
Under its flame maple hood, this beast is packed full of modern appointments. Stainless steel frets and a baked maple neck help to improve both longevity and tuning stability, whilst Chapman's own specially voiced Alnico 5 humbuckers rip the stage apart or roll back for a sparkling, punchy clean.
It's everything you didn't know you needed.
- Headstock: Straight Heritage Headstock
- Tuners: Hipshot Grip-Lock Open (18:1 Gearing)
- String Nut: 42mm Graph Tech Black TUSQ XL Nut
- Neck: Roasted Maple - Medium Colour with Satin Finish
- Neck Joint: Set-Through Neck with Volute
- Neck Width: Nut - 42mm, 22nd Fret - 57mm
- Neck Thickness: 1st Fret - 20.5mm, 12th Fret - 22mm
- Neck Profile: C Shape
- Truss Rod: Dual Action
- Fretboard: Roasted Maple - Medium Colour Fretboard with Rolled Edges
- Fretboard Radius: 350mm
- Frets: 22 Jumbo Stainless Steel Frets
- Fret Markers: Glow-in-the-Dark Side Dots
- 12th Fret Inlay: Pearl Infinity
- Scale Length: 648mm (~25.5")
- Body Top: Flame Maple Veneer On Carve Top with Modern F-Holes with Gloss Finish
- Body Back: Mahogany with Gloss Finish
- Body Binding: Reveal
- Body Carves: Front Lower Spoon Cut, Rear Tummy Cut, Rear Lower Spoon Cut, Rear Heel Contour
- Bridge: Chapman String Through Hardtail with Brass Saddles
- Neck Pickup: Chapman P90 (Magnet - Alnico 5)
- Bridge Pickup: Chapman P90 (Magnet - Alnico 5)
- Pickup Switch: 3 Way Blade Switch
- Controls: Master Volume (500k), Master Tone (500k)
- Strap Buttons: Chapman Strap Locks
- Strings: Ernie Ball Regular Slinky Nickel Wound, 10-46
- Case: Chapman Pro Hard Case
- Guitar Weight: Approx. 3 kg (6.6 lbs)