Chapman Guitars have updated the ML1 Pro Modern formula to make it one of their best looking, sounding, and feeling guitars to date! Loaded with Seymour Duncan Sentient and Pegasus humbuckers, the ML1 Pro can produce powerful yet versatile tones and the ash top with Zima Blue finish gives it a eye-catching aesthetic. Add to this the roasted maple neck, Macassar ebony fingerboard, and rolled edges for a smooth playing experience.
Body & Neck
This ML1 Pro Modern features an ash body with a solid ash carve top. Ash is a lightweight wood that won't take its toll on your back and has a striking wood grain that really comes through with this Zima Blue finish.
This guitar has a satin-finish roasted maple neck which looks and feels great but has the added benefit of increased stability. The ML1 Pro Modern is a neck-through design, which not only further increases stability, it also improves sustain and resonance. The ebony fretboard provides a smooth, natural-feeling playing surface and the rolled fingerboard edges further add to the comfort of the neck.
Hardware & Electronics
Chapman have loaded this guitar with Seymour Duncan humbuckers, a Sentient in the neck and a Pegasus in the bridge. The Sentient is a modern take on the classic PAF tone, offering balanced, articulate tone with vintage output that's great for a wide range of styles. The Pegasus, on the other hand, offers more aggression while retaining balance and responsiveness which makes it perfect for rock through to progressive metal.
The 5-way pickup switch allows you to incorporate coil-split tones for when you need a thinner, snappier sound, expanding the versatility of this guitar. With Hipshot grip-lock locking tuners, a Graph Tech black TUSQ XL nut, and a hardtail bridge you get excellent tuning stability allowing you to riff and bend to your heart's content without ending up wildly out-of-tune.
- Headstock: Angled heritage headstock with ebony veneer
- Neck: Roasted Maple - Dark Colour with Satin Finish
- Neck Joint: Neck-through with volute
- Top: Ash Solid Carve Top with Satin Finish
- Body: Ash with Satin Finish
- Body carves: Front Upper and Lower Spoon Cut, Rear Tummy Cut, Rear Lower Spoon Cut, Rear Heel Contour
- Fretboard: Macassar ebony with rolled edges
- Frets: 24 jumbo stainless steel frets
- Fret markers: Glow-in-the-dark side dots
- 12th fret inlay: Pearl infinity
- Scale length: 648mm (~25.5")
- Tuners: Hipshot grip-lock open (18:1 gearing)
- String nut: Graph Tech black TUSQ XL nut
- Strings: Ernie Ball Regular Slinky Nickel Wound, 10-46
- Truss rod: Dual action
- Bridge: Chapman string-through hardtail
- Neck pickup: Seymour Duncan Sentient Humbucker
- Bridge pickup: Seymour Duncan Pegasus Humbucker
- Pickup switch: 5 way super switch with coil split
- Controls: Master volume (500k), master tone (500k)
- Strap buttons: Chapman strap locks