The collaboration between Evenstad Musikk and Chapman Guitars started when the Evenstad crew met Lee and Rob at the NAMM show in 2013. Later it was decided that Evenstad Musikk would be the first official Chapman Guitars retailer outside the UK. Chapman & Evenstad hatched a plan to make a guitar that honoured Scandinavian contribution to music - this lead to the birth of the Norseman guitars.
Body & Neck
The aptly-named Norseman is based on the ML1. Mahogany is used for the body, ensuring rich sustain and a weighty low/midrange response. It's then topped off with a stunning piece of quilted maple, adding just the right amount of sparkling top-end, not to mention a gorgeous organic look.
The bolt-on neck is made of Mahogany with a satin finish. This continues the heavy resonant theme set by the body, and also makes for a balanaced weight - perfect for long, demanding rehearsals, sessions and underground gigs. Finally, an Ebony fretboard with rolled edges combined with accentuated cutaways makes for a speedy playability that can handle the most savage riffage and the quickest shred licks!
Electronics & Hardware
2 x Chapman Stentorian humbuckers, featuring Alnico 5 magnets, squeeze every drop of resonance out of the unique tonewood combination. When combined with a 3-way toggle switch and push-pull coil tap, it's clear that while the Norseman is out for blood, it's also a well thought-out instrument with plenty of tricks up its sleeve.
The final piece of the puzzle is the unmistakable Floyd Rose tremolo system. This makes the Norseman proficient with drop tunings, demanding touring schedules and chaotic wailing in equal measure. This hardy battle-axe will take whatever you throw at it - chances are it'll respond in kind!
- Body Top: Quilted Maple Solid Flat Top with Gloss Finish
- Body Back: Mahogany with Satin Finish, Weight-Relief Chambering
- Body Color/Finish: Hjarn
- Neck Wood: Mahogany with Satin Finish
- Neck Profile: C Shape
- Neck Joint: Recessed Bolt-on
- Fingerboard Material: Indian Ebony with Rolled Edges
- Fingerboard Inlays: Pearl Side Dots with Pearl Infinity on 12th Fret
- Radius: 350mm
- Frets: 24 Jumbo Stainless Steel Frets
- Nut: Locking Nut
- Nut Width: 43mm
- Tuners: Hipshot Classic Open (18:1)
- Scale Length: 648mm (25.5")
- Bridge: Floyd Rose Tremolo
- Bridge pickups: Chapman Stentorian Humbucker, Alnico 5 (14.1k)
- Neck pickups: Chapman Stentorian Humbucker, Alnico 5 (8.21k)
- Controls: Master Volume, Master Tone with Push/Pull
- Hardware Finish: Chrome
- Case: Chapman Pro Hard Case Included
- Country Of Origin: Korea