Sphere L22 Free Software Update!
The kind folks at Townsend have released some great software updates, free of charge. Details as follows:
- Addition of AAX DSP support, giving Pro Tools HDX users perfect integration into existing DSP-based workflow.
- 10 new Mic models available for free, including SD-416, DN-409N and LD-563.
Here's what Townsend Labs say about the Sphere L22:
The Sphere L22 microphone system from Townsend Labs models the characteristics of the most sought-after large-diaphragm condenser microphones with amazing accuracy and allows selection of different mics and patterns even after tracking.
The Sphere system consists of a high precision dual channel microphone, which when paired with the included Sphere plug-in (UAD, AAX DSP, AAX Native, VST, AU) accurately models the response of a wide range of mics, including transient response, harmonics, proximity effect and three-dimensional polar response.
Breakthrough Microphone Modeling Technology
Sphere’s three-dimensional approach captures the spatial nuances, proximity effect and off-axis frequency response of a wide range of microphones, which until now was not possible with any other product.
Realtime UAD and AAX DSP Processing
With Universal Audio Apollo, achieve extremely low latency (approx. 1.6ms round trip at 96kHz) for guaranteed real-time performance. The AAX DSP format allows for guaranteed low-latency performance on Avid HDX systems. UAD and AAX DSP plug-in formats are included at no additional cost. Sphere also supports native AAX, VST and AU.
Dual Mic Models
Dual Mode in the Sphere plug-in makes possible phase-coherent mixing of multiple virtual mic models from the same physical microphone, before or after tracking. It's also possible to adjust the relative phase alignment of the two mics with the Align control.
Polar Pattern Modeling
Because Sphere captures the three-dimensional response of target microphones, it precisely emulates the polar patterns and other off-axis characteristics of vintage microphones which are essential to their unique sound.
Record In Stereo With One Mic
With just one Sphere L22 mic it’s possible to make coincident stereo recordings, and even have different mic models on the left and right channels, using the Sphere 180 plug-in.
- Record with the sound of microphones many have only dreamt about
- Change mic type, polar pattern, and other microphone characteristics, even after tracking!
- Audition the sound of different microphones without tiring the vocalist
- Reduce bleed, undesirable room coloration, and other common issues using Off-Axis Correction™
- Record in stereo from a single microphone
- Sphere L22 Microphone
- 10 Foot (3 Meter) Breakout Cable
- Shock Mount
- Swivel Mount
- Hard Carrying Case
- Plush Dust Cover