Founded in 2014, ThorpyFX has always had a clear goal: to make the best sounding & most rugged pedals available on the market. The Bunker is no exception – a pedal that boasts a harmonic-rich, articulate tone complete with ‘inter-modulation’ distortion for classic mid-gain sizzle.
Inspired by Lovetone
The Bunker takes direct inspiration from the Lovetone Brown Source, a classic in the stompbox world. Famed for the aforementioned ‘inter-modulation distortion’, the aim of the game is to be able to go from complex harmonics to a shimmering distorted feedback in no time. Think classic AC/DC Marshall-type tones but with an extra layer of complexity.
The Bunker has four knobs that control Volume, Gain, Tone and Texture, and a two-position Mode toggle switch. The second footswitch lets you bypass the tone stack, letting you feed in that extra gain for a blistering dirt tone.
- Four knobs to control Volume, Drive, Tone, Texture.
- Two footswitches, one for on/off and the other for tone stack bypass.
- A three way toggle switch to change tonal character when the texture control is set low.
- A beautiful laser cut black anodised aluminium enclosure wrapped in a metallic brown base.
- Engineered to be robust but functional with recessed knobs, sloped front and top mounted jacks.
- 9-volt operation and standard DC input