Here's what Tascam say about the 102i:
The compact SERIES 102i audio/MIDI interface is perfect for guitarists, songwriters and owners of small studios. It provides up to ten audio inputs and two audio outputs to a Mac or Windows computer or an iOS device, for recording and playback at up to 192 kHz / 24 bit and with the superb audio performance one expects from Tascam.
Controllable with included custom software, this versatile USB interface is equipped with a powerful DSP input and output mixer with built-in digital reverb, compressor, phase invert and four-band EQ for each channel. Having this processor included internally eliminates all latency issues and takes the load off the computer allowing it to process the audio more efficiently. A new USB driver offers very high stability, ensuring reliable performance throughout all phases of your projects.
Tascam Ultra-HDDA Mic Preamps, High Resolution AudioThe two analogue mic/line/instrument combo inputs are fitted with Tascam’s transparent, natural-sounding, low-noise Ultra-HDDA mic preamps and individually switchable phantom power (+48 volt). A maximum of ten inputs (four at 192 kHz) are available when using the multi-channel optical port which can accept up to eight channels of audio input from an ADAT- or S/MUX-compatible device. The SERIES 102i also offers dual headphone outputs with dedicated level control and two balanced 6.3-mm line outputs for versatile monitoring. And you can connect your favorite MIDI devices to the rear-panel MIDI input and output to use them with your recording software.
The angled tabletop design gives easy access to all front-panel controls. You can quickly adjust the monitor output level with a large front-panel Monitor knob, and use the handy Monitor Balance control to mix live input with computer playback for zero-latency overdubs.
- Two analogue mic/line inputs on XLR/TRS balanced combo connectors
- High-grade Ultra-HDDA (High Definition Discrete Architecture) microphone pre-amps with ultra-low noise (EIN: –127 dBu)
- High-quality audio input circuits for low-noise recording
- Individually switchable 48-Volt phantom power on XLR inputs
- Each TRS input can be switched to instrument-level for direct recording of guitar or bass
- Gain controls, signal and peak indicators on each analogue input