Strymon Sunset Dual Overdrive Pedal
3 IN STOCK
Order now for delivery to you on Tue 24th May 2022.
to order online today
at our Guildford Store
FREE UK Delivery
Earn 279 Loyalty Points
Click and Collect
The Strymon Riverside was an amazing success for Strymon so it's no surprise that they decided to expand the range with another drive pedal.
It's got all of the functions that you'd expect from Strymon including the ability to connect a Favourite switch to recall your best settings and an expression pedal input to control volume or to control different parts of the drive. This will allow you to explore new sonic territory with the drive sounds because you can increase gain or volume with the pedal.
In order to make the most versatile drive pedal possible, they studied 6 different circuit topologies and captured them on 2 different channels. You can switch through these with a mini toggle at the top of the pedal for each channel.
- Germanium - The Ge overdrive combines the softer response of germanium diodes with a parallel path that blends in the dry signal as the Drive is lowered. At higher gains the lower-midrange frequencies are emphasized to create a tight, thick response. This overdrive really fattens up single coil pickups, and responds with a bold push when paired with humbuckers.
- Texas - The Texas overdrive employs a single stage soft-clipper configuration that is filtered before and after the gain stage to create a smooth and dynamic overdrive. The original signal dynamics are retained as the gain is increased – perfect for playing the blues or just fattening up your sound with a signature midrange bump.
- Treble (Boost circuit) - The Treble type is a treble booster that removes the low frequencies as the Tone knob is turned up – great for tightening up an overdriven amp, or driving another gain pedal that’s a bit looser on the low end. Turning the Tone knob down brings in the low end, making for a versatile all-around boost.
- 2 Stage - The 2 stage overdrive combines a soft-clipping stage followed by a hard-clipping stage, creating a complex overdrive with a wide range of gain. Its EQ structure preserves the low end while adding some muscle to push your amp. This overdrive can easily take you from lightly clipped to beefy saturation.
- Hard - The Hard overdrive uses a single-stage hard-clipping circuit that has a ton of available gain, approaching fuzz territory with the Drive knob maxed. At lower gains, mildly clipped transparent tones are achieved with this versatile drive. The wide-ranging Tone knob lets you shape the top end from smooth to buzzy
- JFET (Boost circuit) - The JFET type is a clean boost that subtly beefs up your signal with the dynamics and responsiveness created from the JFET front end. As you turn up the drive, the signal gets rounded and warmer. The is a great option when your amp just “needs a little extra.”
The best way to think of the sunset is as 2 separate drive pedals in one box. You can stack the drives or use them separately with loads of different outcomes. And with a small toggle right on the back of the pedal, you can switch the order that they go in like A>B or B>A or even run two circuits in parallel!
- Six drive circuit topologies with custom tuned voicing for each drive type
- Precision crafted drive circuits stackable in multiple combinations for a wide variety of complex, responsive tones.
- Analog class A JFET input gain stage maximizes headroom while adding up to 20dB of pure analog gain
- Drive and Tone control ranges optimized for each circuit topology
- Series, reverse series, and parallel drive circuit stacking via Config switch
- Bright switch to tailor the sound for use with all amplifiers from dark to bright
- Optional variable-threshold noise reduction for taming noisy guitar pickups
Ins, Outs, Switches
- High impedance mono input
- Mono output
- Favorite input to connect an external MiniSwitch to recall a Favorite preset
- Expression pedal input allows the connection an expression pedal for simultaneous morphing control over multiple parameters (Expression mode), or logarithmic taper for smooth volume control (Volume mode)
Earn loyalty points whenever you shop at Andertons. Points can be earned and used online, in store or over the phone: earn and use points however you choose to shop! No need to sign up - points are added automatically when you make a purchase! The more you shop, the more you save, so start earning points now!
What are points worth?
One point is worth a 1p discount, and there's no limit on the number of points used per purchase! For example, if you have 1000 points, you can redeem them for a £10 discount on any purchase.
How many points will I earn when I shop?
We display the number of points available for a product on the product's page on our website. Normally we'll give you one point for every pound you spend, but watch out for double and triple points deals for even more savings!
Here at Andertons Music Co. we believe that we stock some of the best musical equipment in the world. That's why we want to make it as quick and easy as possible for you to get your order, safe and sound!
We offer a wide range of delivery options to help fit around your busy lifestyle without compromise. This includes free, named-day delivery for most UK postcodes on orders over £99 which are in stock, Saturday & Sunday deliveries, and competitive delivery rates worldwide.
Please note: Some UK postcodes including remote areas and Northern Ireland are subject to charges.
You can find full details about the services we offer, including details on our international delivery charges, on our main delivery page. Click here to read more.
Trusted Customer11th Feb 2022
Matthew Blakey14th Jan 2022
Mr Philip Johnson25th Dec 2021
Mr. Johnny Sharp15th Sep 2021
Paul Bigby15th May 2021
Mr John Harris24th Feb 2021
Trusted Customer24th Feb 2021
Trusted Customer4th Feb 2021
Trusted Customer24th Sep 2020
Mr. Paul McNamara11th Jul 2020
Finance available at checkout for orders £300+