The classic NS shape, a fretless fingerboard and a versatile pickup combination make this a no brainer for any modern bassist.
The SpectorCore has a single proprietary Bartolini passive humbucker and a Fishman Bass Powerbridge piezo in the bridge. This killer combination gives you upright, acoustic and modern electric tones… all from one bass!
The modern, ergonomic shape looks amazing with the F-Hole and chambered semi-hollow body. The SpectorCore is happy in any situation; Built for modern players who want a versatile bass.
History of Spector
In the late 1970’s, Stuart Spector started crafting handmade basses in his Brooklyn based workshop. By 1977 He and Ned Steinberger had designed what was to become a revolution in the bass world.
The NS-1 stepped away from traditional large, angular bodied basses and created an instrument designed for the modern musician. With curves and contours which sit comfortably against the body, the NS-1 quickly became a favourite amongst progressive players.
The legend of the NS-1 has continued to this day, and the gorgeous curved body that made it unique is used the world over. Spector basses are still a favourite amongst modern players too with artists like Mike Inez (Alice in Chains), Doug Wimbish (Living Colour) and Tom Doyle (Don Broco).
Here’s what Spector say about the SpectorCore 4 Fretless
A truly unique bass - Our SpectorCore basses are studio and tour ready and feature a chambered body for increased midrange and lighter weight, a single proprietary Bartolini passive humbucker positioned right in the sweet spot, and a Fishman Bass Powerbridge piezo pickup system in the bridge with a Fishman PowerChip allows for exceptional acoustic and upright tones. Available in fretted and fretless models, SpectorCore basses deliver world-class tone and playability for players who need to cover the full spectrum of modern bass tone.
The SpectorCore Series
Spector’s SpectorCore basses are built to last a lifetime. These basses have been crafted with precision and care in the same factory and by the same builders, for decades. As early adapters of Asian craftsmanship, Stuart Spector and his team of trusted luthiers, have established a first-class factory that consistently produces high quality, rock-solid bass guitars at prices that are well within the reach of all players. A unique take on Spector’s coveted NS design, these basses offer the features, tone, and quality that has made the Spector one of the most respected names in bass guitars.
- Wood: 3pc Maple; Bolt-on
- Fingerboard: Rosewood, with dot markers
- Number of Frets: 24 or Fretless
- Scale Length: 34"
- Radius: 16"
- Width at Nut: 1.57"
- Our original NS-2000 body shape
- Wood: Genuine Figured Maple over Basswood Acoustically Chambered Body with F-Hole
- Colour: AmberBurst, Natural, Walnut Stain, Black
- Finish: High Gloss
Pickups and Electronics
- Neck Pickup: M34JB(SSD): Custom Split Coil 4 string pickup in M3 shape (11/2” x 31/2”) for 0.70” bridge string spacing.
- Bridge Pickup: Fishman Bass Powerbridge piezo system
- Controls: Bridge pickup volume, neck pickup volume, passive tone knob for EMG-HZ pickup, tone knob for Fishman piezo.
- Bridge: Spector locking die-cast
- String Spacing at Bridge: .70"
- Strap Buttons: Standard
- Korean made, nickel
- Five Years against manufacturing defects to the Original Owner when purchased new from an authorized Spector Dealer.
- For the proper operation of the Fishman piezo bridge pickup system the strings used must be standard metal. Coated or tape wound strings will not work.