The classic NS shape, a figured maple top and hot pickups make this a no brainer for any modern bassist.
The Legend 4 Neck-Thru has two DCB humbucker J Single-Coil-Style pickups making this a really versatile bass. Combined with the built in Aguilar OPB-2 active controls, you can run these pickups hot and get that killer punchy tone. You also get an 18db bass boost or cut and 16DB on the treble.
In this price range, the Spector is hard to beat. Modern design, great tone and a thru-neck. There’s no wonder they call it The Legend.
History of Spector
In the late 1970’s, Stuart Spector started crafting handmade basses in his Brooklyn based workshop. By 1977 He and Ned Steinberger had designed what was to become a revolution in the bass world.
The NS-1 stepped away from traditional large, angular bodied basses and created an instrument designed for the modern musician. With curves and contours which sit comfortably against the body, the NS-1 quickly became a favourite amongst progressive players.
The legend of the NS-1 has continued to this day, and the gorgeous curved body that made it unique is used the world over. Spector basses are still a favourite amongst modern players too with artists like Mike Inez (Alice in Chains), Doug Wimbish (Living Colour) and Tom Doyle (Don Broco).
Here’s what Spector say about the Legend 4 Neck-Thru
The all new Legend 4 Neck-Thru from Spector takes the classic NS body design to the next level with premium tonewoods and high-end electronics courtesy of Aguilar. Available in two distinct finishes (Blue Stain gloss and Walnut Stain matte), the Legend 4 Neck-Thru is carved from solid maple and features a figured maple top.
The 4-string models come equipped with a set of Aguilar P/J pickups, an Aguilar OPB-2 circuit, a brass nut and professional grade hardware. The neck-thru body design of these new Legend basses drastically increases the level of sustain and playability. The Legend 4 Neck-Thru is one of the finest Spector models ever introduced!
The Legend Series
Spector’s Legend and CodaBass Pro basses are built to last a lifetime. These basses have been crafted with precision and care in the same factory and by the same builders, for decades. As early adapters of Asian craftsmanship, Stuart Spector and his team of trusted luthiers, have established a first-class factory that consistently produces high quality, rock-solid bass guitars at prices that are well within the reach of all players. Available in many of Spector’s most coveted designs, these basses offer the features, tone, and quality that has made the Spector one of the most respected names in bass guitars.
- Wood: 3pc Maple with graphite rods; Neck-thru
- Fingerboard: Rosewood, with dot markers
- Number of Frets: 24
- Scale Length: 34"
- Radius: 16"
- Width at Nut: 1.57"
- Our original NS curved and carved body shape
- Wood: Figured Maple top over solid Maple body
- Colours: Faded Blue Gloss, Walnut Stain Matte
- Black on Faded Blue, Chrome on Walnut Stain
- Bridge: Heavy Duty Legend Standard
- String Spacing at Bridge: .70"
- Strap Buttons: Standard
Pickups and Electronics
- Aguilar passive pickups with Active Tone Controls
- Neck Pickup: DCB humbucker J single coil style (LJ size)
- Bridge Pickup: DCB humbucker J single coil style (LJ size)
- Active Tone Controls: Aguilar OPB-2
- Boost and Cut: +/-18db bass, +/- 16db treble
- Controls: Bridge pickup volume,
- neck pickup volume, treble boost/cut, bass boost/cut
- Korean made, nickel 45-65-80-100
- Five Years against manufacturing defects to the Original Owner when purchased new from an authorized Spector Dealer.