SSL are something of a household name in the music industry. Their iconic consoles have recorded some of the biggest records of the 20th and 21st centuries – quite an achievement.
In typical Solid State Logic fashion, the X-Desk offers stunning world-class audio performance and specs in a compact, practical package. Combining 8 SuperAnalogue channels with intuitive, comprehensive monitoring, sends, inserts and metering, it’s hard to find a fault with the X-Desk.
- SuperAnalogue purity at the highest level
- 8x dual input Mono Line channels: 16 channel mixdown
- 8x Insert Send/Returns on channels
- Stereo CUE and 2 Mono Auxiliary Sends
- Cascade with X-Rack and other X-Desks for bigger systems
- Talkback - for artist communication
- Dim & Cut buttons
- Independent Main and Alternate stereo monitor outputs
- SSL Stereo Mix Buss with External summing and Inserts
- 2x Stereo Returns with Level, Pan and Bus assignment
- iJack front panel input for portable playback devices
- High quality internal PSU
- D-Sub Channel I/O connection for studio integration
- 19" Rack mount ears included
Here’s what SSL say:
Built from the same SuperAnalogue DNA as our AWS, Duality and Matrix consoles, we are proud to deliver the X-Desk.
X-Desk brings benchmark audio performance to the compact mixer format, meeting the demand for a world class, compact SSL mixing desk. X-Desk combines a 16 channel SSL SuperAnalogue summing mixer with a compact analogue monitoring hub for your studio.
Small enough to be easily transported, X-Desk fulfills the essentials of the audio mixing process, with typical SSL attention to detail, including smooth 100mm faders, comprehensive artist & studio monitoring with Dim & Cut buttons, Stereo and Mono Aux sends, channel and Master Bus Inserts and accurate bar graph level metering.
- Type: Analog
- Channels: 8
- Faders: 8 x 100mm
- Inputs - Line: 1 x DB25 (Line), 1 x DB25 (Alt)
- Inputs - Other: 1 x 1/8" (iJack)
- Outputs - Main: 2 x XLR (Main), 2 x XLR (Alt)
- Outputs - Direct: 1 x DB25 (CH 1-8)
- Outputs - Other: 1 x DB25 (Centre: Mix, Cue, FX 1 &2)
- Aux Sends: 2 x FX
- Send/Return I/O: 1 x DB25 (Insert Send), 1 x DB25 (Insert Return), 1 x DB25 (Cen In: Mix, Cue, FX 1/2), 1 x DB25 (Cen Out: Mix, Cue, FX 1/2)
- Busses/Groups: Cue/Mix
- Channel Inserts: Yes
- Headphones: 1 x 1/4"
- Talkback: Yes
- Rackmountable: Yes
- Height: 4.75"
- Width: 17.1" (19" w/Rack Ears)
- Depth: 12.25"