Sire’s Marcus Miller bass range has made waves in the category. The combination of thoughtful design, jaw-dropping preamp sound and an affordable price tag has proved irresistible – they’ve become one of our all-time most popular instrument ranges!
The V10 is the next evolutionary step for Sire bass. It promises new levels of luxurious playability, stunning sound and alluring aesthetics. If you’re looking for a truly special instrument without custom-shop prices, the V10 combines unbeatable value with world-class performance!
- Curved Swamp Ash body with eye-popping solid Flame Maple top
- 1-piece Roasted Flame Maple neck & fretboard with rolled edges
- Asymmetrical C neck shape for easier grip and improved mobility
- Gorgeous Abalone block inlays
- Marcus Premium-J Revolution pickups
- New Marcus Miller Heritage-3 Preamp System with revamped 3-band EQ and mid frequency control
Body & Neck
For Sire’s most premium bass, they’ve opted for the classic Swamp Ash body. Used on some of the earliest electric guitars and basses on the market, it’s a natural choice for a classic-style instrument. Expect a neutral tone with slightly accentuated brightness. A solid Maple top adds more top-end sparkle to the mix, ensuring the V10’s tonal response is crystal-clear, whatever your style.
The asymmetrical C-shape neck is comprised of a stunning piece of Roasted Flame Maple. Known for its caramel hue and distinct stripes, it also offers increased durability and lightweight feel. Expect crisp, dense tone with plenty of sustain to boot. Rolled fretboard edges and the unique asymmetrical neck shape offer a more relaxed, sturdy grip - perfect playability.
Hardware & Electronics
Sire basses are known for a sound that far outweighs their price point – the V10 is no exception. Marcus Premium-J revolution active pickups feature US-made coils. The result is that classic American sound that’s defined so many records. Couple it with Sire’s incredible Heritage-3 preamp system, and you’ve got unprecedented control over your sound, including a new middle-frequency control. Despite this, the V10’s sound is unmistakably clear, full-bodied and worthy of any stage or session.
Additional hardware appointments include Sire’s Premium Open Gear tuners and their popular Heavy Mass Standard bridge system. Based on Miller’s favoured jazz-style bridge, the extra-chunky saddles offer a rich and punchy sound with excellent tuning accuracy and stability.
- Body material: Swamp Ash
- Top material: Solid Flame Maple
- Neck wood: 1-piece Roasted Maple
- Fretboard wood: Roasted Maple with rolled edges
- Neck finish: satin
- Neck shape: C shape
- Neck joint: 4-bolt steel square plate
- Fingerboard radius: 9.5”
- Frets: 2.4 medium
- Inlays: Abalone blocks
- Scale length: 34”
- String nut: Natural bone, 38mm (4-string) or 46mm (5-string)
- Binding: 1-ply Ivory
- Pickups: Marcus Premium-J Revolution Set
- Electronics: Marcus Heritage-3 with Middle Freq control
- Controls: volume/tone (dual pot), pickup blend, treble, middle/mid frequency (dual pot), bass, active/passive toggle switch
- Knobs: modern black plastic
- Bridge: Marcus Miller Heavy Mass Standard
- Tuners: Premium Open Gear
- Hardware: Chrome