What a way to mark their 50th anniversary! The limited edition SD-50 is the culmination of Sigma's extensive acoustic construction knowledge with a splash of celebratory style. A real collector's item and a gem of a guitar.
The SD-50 is a classic dreadnought dovetail neck joint build, crafted using a solid cocobolo back and sides topped with European spruce. Cocobolo is a similar tonewood to rosewood, producing a balanced all-round tone which gives the spruce a great platform to drive home bright, dynamic projection. Both the body and headstock have been adorned in an eye-catching abalone binding.
Neck and hardware
Attached is a low profile, modern feel mahogany neck for advanced playability. Uniquely embedded into the luxurious black ebony fretboard is the 12th fret "50 years" inlay, surrounded by Style 45 snowflakes. Proving their worth are top of the line Grover tuners and a real bone nut and saddle, working in tandem to keep tuning and intonation as solid as can be.
- Body Size: D-14 Fret
- Construction: Dovetail Neck Joint
- Top: Solid European Spruce
- Back & Sides: Solid Cocobolo
- Neck: Mahogany, Low Profile
- Nut & Saddle: Bone
- Fingerboard: Black Ebony
- Fingerboard Position Inlays: Style 45 Snowflakes, 12th fret “50 YEARS” inlay
- Scale Length: 25.4” (645 mm)
- Neck width at nut: 1-3/4” (44,5 mm)
- Tuning Machines: Grover Gold Open-Gear w/ Butterbean knobs
- Finish: Polished Gloss
- Case: SC-D Deluxe Plywood Case
- Strings: D´Addario EXP16