Shure have been building and solidifying their reputation as one of the best microphone producers ever. The Beta 57A is another piece of excellent equipment from this industry-leading brand.
This mic is ideal for capturing instruments - whether you're in the studio, or working in a live environment. Apply it to guitar amps, brass, woodwinds and drums; it's really that versatile. Some vocalists even swear by it, thanks to its level of presence and a rich mid-range response. You'll find it forms a part of many professional sound engineers' auditory arsenals.
Supercardioid Polar Pattern
This pickup style is maintained throughout its frequency range. It leads to better isolation of your source, reduced off axis tonal bleed and high gain-before-feedback.
- Incredibly reliable, with a sturdy build quality to match.
- Pneumatic shock mount minimises handling/mechanical noise and vibrations.
- Hardly affected by a varying load impedance.
- A neodymium magnet delivers high signal-to-noise output.
- Solid steel mesh grille protects against wear and allows for use of the proximity effect.
- Supercardioid polar pattern ensures a better rejection of off axis noise and higher gain-before-feedback.
- The frequency response found here lends itself well to horns, vocals, guitars and drums.
- Polar Pattern: Supercardioid
- Type: Dynamic