The ultimate guitar for The Cure and Robert Smith fans! The Schecter Robert Smith Signature UltraCure is as idiosyncratic as the the man himself, with its distinctive offset double-cut body shape and vintage trimmings; including a Bigsby vibrato and block inlays.
Despite its gothic and somewhat old-school aesthetics, the Schecter UltraCure actually has plenty of modern features that make it an ergonomic workhorse for live performance and studio work. Featuring locking tuners and a TOM bridge with rolling saddles, the UltraCure has excellent tuning stability; especially with the smooth Graph Tech XL Tusq nut that allows the strings to glide without friction.
The Schecter UltraCure Robert Smith signature model is formed from a classic combination of tonewoods. With a Mahogany body, you can expect deep and rich-sounding lows, while its chambered construction guarantees a light feel and enhanced resonance. Paired with a set 3-piece Maple neck, this material adds plenty of top-end brightness.
Playability is certainly one of the UltraCure's strengths too. Boasting a thin 'C' neck profile and an ultra-access heel joint, this guitar offers a fast feel and easy upper-fret access respectively. Glow-in-the-dark side-dot markers are another thoughtful touch - sure to save your performance on dark and dingy stages!
Seymour Duncan Pickups
High-quality Seymour Duncan pickups give the UltraCure its versatile sound. With a pair of '59 humbuckers, these medium-output pickups sound glorious with clean amp settings and overdrive; able to cover the broad palette of tones that Robert Smith uses in The Cure's back catalogue. With coil-splitting push/pull volume controls too, you can attain those glassy single-coil sounds!
- Model Name: Robert Smith UltraCure
- Country of Origin: South Korea
- Hardware Colour: Chrome
- Top Contour: Flat Top w/Raised Center
- Dexterity: Right Handed
- Construction: Set-Neck w/Ultra Access
- Body Material: Chambered Mahogany
- Bridge: Bigsby Flat Top B50 w/ Roller TonePros TOM TPFR – T3BT
- Tuners: Schecter Locking
- Fretboard: Rosewood
- Neck Material: Maple 3-pc
- Inlays: Mother of Pearl Blocks
- Side Dot Markers: Glow in the Dark
- Scale: 25.5” (648mm)
- Neck Shape: Thin ‘C’
- Thickness: @ 1st Fret- .787” (20mm)/ @ 12th Fret- .866” (22mm)
- Frets: 24 X-Jumbo
- Fretboard Radius: 14” (355mm)
- Nut: Graph Tech XL Black Tusq
- Nut Width: 1.653” (42mm)
- Truss Rod: 2-Way Adjustable Rod w/ 5/32” (4mm) Allen Nut
- Controls: Volume (Push-Pull)/Volume (Push-Pull)/ Master Volume/3-Way Switch
- Bridge Pickup: Seymour Duncan '59 SH-1B
- Neck Pickup: Seymour Duncan '59 SH-1N
- Knobs: Metal Knurled w/ Set Screw
- Strings: Ernie Ball Regular Slinky #2221 (.010-.046)