Nick Johnston is part of a new wave of guitar virtuosos, praised for his soulful instrumental music. Renowned for his slick legato style, Johnston relies on his signature Schecter Traditional guitar to achieve his unique tones.
Based on the classic S-shape, this stunning guitar comes in a vibrant Atomic Coral finish, sure to grab the attention of anyone when you're on stage. Featuring a super-solid Roasted Maple neck and Johnston's own signature Schecter Diamond pickups too, this instrument is a high-performance workhorse.
The Nick Johnston Signature Traditional is constructed from an Alder body, serving as an excellent tonal foundation for the single-coil pickups. Balanced and resonant, this popular tonewood is also known for its strong mid-range, allowing notes to really pop in a band mix.
Paired with a bolt-on Roasted Maple neck, this material guarantees a snappy response and bright top-end. The roasting process removes any moisture from the wood, giving it extra strength and stability. Adorned with a beautiful Ebony fingerboard, this sleek material is super-smooth under the fingers, allowing you to master fast legato runs - just like Johnston!
Electronics & Hardware
When it comes to electronics and hardware, the Schecter Nick Johnston Traditional has an equal share of old and new appointments. While the Diamond Vintage tremolo conveys an old-school aesthetic, the Schecter locking tuners are definitely a more modern, ergonomic touch. In conjunction with the Graph Tech XL Black Tusq nut, these tuners guarantee better overall tuning stability.
This gorgeous instrument is fitted with Schecter's Diamond Nick Johnston single-coils. Sparkly and powerful, these pickups are wonderfully articulate with clean and overdriven amp settings, ensuring that all of the nuances in your playing are projected.
- Model Name: Nick Johnston Traditional
- Country of Origin: Indonesia
- Tuners: Schecter Locking
- Fretboard: Ebony
- Neck Material: Roasted Maple
- Inlays: Brass Circles
- Scale: 25.5” (648mm)
- Neck Shape: Thin ‘C’
- Thickness: @ 1st Fret- .787” (20mm)/ @ 12th Fret- .866” (22mm)
- Frets: 22 X-Jumbo
- Fretboard Radius: 14” (355mm)
- Nut: Graph Tech XL Black Tusq
- Nut Width: 1.653” (42mm)
- Truss Rod: 2-Way Adjustable Rod w/ Heel Access Spoke Wheel
- Hardware Colour: Chrome
- Top Contour: Flat Top
- Dexterity: Right Handed
- Construction: Bolt-on
- Body Material: Alder
- Bridge: Diamond Vintage Tremolo
- Controls: Volume/Tone/5-Way Switch
- Bridge Pickup: Schecter Diamond Nick Johnston Single Coil
- Middle Pickup: Schecter Diamond Nick Johnston Single Coil
- Neck Pickup: Schecter Diamond Nick Johnston Single Coil
- Knobs: Vintage Knob
- Strings: Ernie Ball Regular Slinky #2221 (.010-.046)