The Schecter Spitfire is an instrument with plenty of vintage vibe and charm. As part of Schecter's 2018 lineup, this guitar is adorned with some excellent features and refinements to meets today's standards, despite its old-school aesthetics. With a pair of Schecter's USA UltraTron pickups and a genuine Bigsby tailpiece, this guitar can deliver nostalgic tones but is more versatile than you might think.
An Alder body delivers a balanced, full-bodied tone that can ensure that this guitar excels across the frequency spectrum. With a bolt-on construction however, it has plenty of snap and bite, letting notes cut through with great attack.
A 'thin C' neck profile provides brilliant comfort, thick enough for easily playing chords but also slim enough to give you good playability for leads. The maple neck feels solid and smooth, with its tonal qualities giving a slight push in the upper mid-range. Fitted with 22 extra-jumbo frets, your fingers will simply fly up and down the fretboard.
Hardware and Electronics:
The Bigsby Flat Top B50 tailpiece is an amazing addition to this classy instrument, letting you add warbles to chords and sustained notes. Paired with a TonePros bridge, you can be assured that this guitar will hold its tuning well even after some serious tremolo use!
The Schecter USA UltraTron pickups give you old school-style tones, with their medium output lending themselves to light overdrive and of course clean tones. With a three-way pickup selector switch, master tone and volume controls, and a push-pull for single-coil-esque sounds, this guitar has all of the essential ingredients to be a perfect workhorse guitar.
- Top Contour: Flat Top w/Raised Center
- Dexterity: Right Handed
- Construction: Bolt-on
- Body Material: Alder
- Bridge: Bigsby Flat Top B50 w/ Roller TonePros TOM TPFR – T3BT
- Fretboard: Ebony
- Neck Material: Maple
- Inlays: Mother of Pearl Blocks
- Scale: 25.5” (648mm)
- Neck Shape: Thin ‘C’
- Thickness: @ 1st Fret- .787” (20mm)/ @ 12th Fret- .866” (22mm)
- Frets: 22 X-Jumbo
- Fretboard Radius: 14” (355mm)
- Nut: Graph Tech XL Ivory Tusq
- Nut Width: 1.653” (42mm)
- Tuners: Grover Vintage Deluxe
- Truss Rod: 2-Way Adjustable Rod w/ 5/32” (4mm) Allen Nut
- Bridge Pickup: Schecter USA UltraTron™
- Neck Pickup: Schecter USA UltraTron™
- Controls: Volume/Tone (Push-Pull)/3-Way Switch
- Hardware Color: Nickel
- Knobs: Metal Knurled w/ Set Screw
- Strings: Ernie Ball Regular Slinky #2221 (.010-.046)