Schecter teamed up with metal instrumentalist Keith Merrow to bring his vision of the perfect electric guitar to life. The result is the KM-7 MK-III, a 7-string beast boasting rock-solid timbers, faultless hardware and ultra-versatile electronics. As the third iteration of Merrow's popular signature model, the KM-7 MK-III is arguably one of the most comfortable and playable instruments that Schecter has ever conceived — making it perfect for both the studio and the stage!
- Mahogany Body — This timeless tonewood yields a thick and sustain-rich sound; playing perfect host for the powerful pickups.
- 3-Piece Maple Neck — Layered construction improves strength for exceptional tuning stability, and even comes reinforced with carbon fibre rods!
- Ebony Fretboard — Dark and silky material with an exquisite natural grain; adding brightness to the tonal mix.
- 12-16” Compound Radius — Rounded at the lower end of the neck to make chords easier to fret, this radius flattens out the higher you go so that fast passages are much easier to play. Also prevents notes from "choking" when performing string bends.
- 24 X-Jumbo Stainless Steel Frets — Large size offers a controllable feel for wide vibrato. Stainless steel material is corrosion-resistant and harder to wear down than conventional fret-wire.
- Luminlay "Glow-in-the-Dark" Side Markers — Always know where you're at on dark stages!
- Fishman Fluence Keith Merrow Custom Bridge Humbucker — Delivers an incredibly versatile range of tones for the modern guitarist.
- Sustainiac Neck Pickup — Lets you create unique "feedback-like" effects, inspiring you to push the sonic boundaries!
- Floyd Rose 1500 Series Tremolo — Dip and dive-bomb to your heart's content without losing tune. Recessed design allows you to pull up on the bar to raise the pitch too, as well as create choatic "flutter" effects!
- Body Material: Mahogany
- Body Top Contour: Radius
- Body Binding: Black 1-Ply
- Neck Material: Maple 3-Piece with Carbon Fibre Reinforcement Rods
- Neck Shape: Ultra Thin ‘C’
- Neck Joint: Neck-Thru with Ultra Access
- Scale Length: 26.5” (673mm)
- Fingerboard Material: Ebony
- Fingerboard Radius: 12”-16” Compound Radius
- Frets: 24 X-Jumbo Stainless Steel
- Inlays: Offset/Reverse Circles
- Side Dot Markers: Luminlay Glow in the Dark
- Nut: Floyd Rose 1500 Series
- Nut Width: 1.874” (47.6mm)
- Truss Rod: 2-Way Adjustable Rod with Heel Access Spoke Wheel
- Bridge Pickup: Fishman Fluence Keith Merrow Custom Humbucker
- Neck Pickup: Sustainiac
- Controls: Volume/3-Way (Pickup) Switch/2-Way On-Off Sustainiac Switch/3-Way Sustainiac Mode Switch (Fundamental-Mix-Harmonic)
- Battery Compartment: 2-Piece 9V Clip-In Battery Compartments
- Hardware Colour: Black
- Bridge: Floyd Rose 1500 Series
- Tuners: Grover Rotomatic 18:1
- Control Knobs: Hipshot O-Ring
- Strings: Ernie Ball 7-String (9-62)