Schecter teamed up with metal instrumentalist Keith Merrow to bring his vision of the perfect guitar to life. The result is the KM-6 MK-III; boasting exotic woods and faultless hardware. As the third iteration of Merrow's popular signature guitar, the KM-6 MK-III is arguably the most comfortable and playable instrument that Schecter has ever conceived - making it perfect for touring and the studio.
A swamp ash body gives this guitar a light feel, perfect for long sets where an ergonomic instrument is necessary. Giving you a full-bodied sound, this serves as the perfect tonal foundation for the high-output Schecter Diamond KM pickups; bringing out the best of their qualities.
The Schecter KM-6 MK-III's ultra thin "C" neck profile provides further comfort, enabling fast runs and lead lines without any hindrance. Constructed from Maple, you can expect a snappy response with plenty of mid-range attack. The Carbon Fiber reinforcement rods are a premium touch, which along with the 3-piece design ensures rock solid stability in differing climates.
Electronics & Hardware
One of the most noteworthy features of this instrument is its dual dose of Schecter Diamond KM humbuckers. Delivering ultra-hot tones that can handle copious amounts of gain, these pickups have lots of upper mid-range bite that makes them particularly useful with high-gain amplifiers. But they aren't built solely for distortion, as with clean tones they sound warm and pure - perfect for softly-picked arpeggios or chords. And with the ability to engage a coil-split function, you can attain those glassy single-coil tones too!
The Schecter custom hardtail bridge is machined super-smoothly, enabling comfortable palm-muting. Its high-mass design also ensures superb sustain and fullness, especially in conjunction with the string-thru-body format.
- Model Name: Keith Merrow KM-6 Mk-III Standard
- Country of Origin: Indonesia
- Hardware Colour: Black
- Top Contour: Radius Top
- Construction: Bolt-on
- Body Material: Swamp Ash
- Binding: Black 1-ply
- Bridge: Schecter Custom Hardtail w/ String Thru Body
- Tuners: Schecter
- Fretboard: Ebony
- Neck Material: Maple 3-pc w/ Carbon Fiber Reinforcement Rods
- Inlays: Red 'Predator'
- Side Dot Markers: Glow In The Dark
- Scale: 25.5” (648mm)
- Neck Shape: Ultra Thin ‘C’
- Thickness: @ 1st Fret- .763” (19.4mm)/ @ 12th Fret- .822” (20.9mm)
- Frets: 24 X-Jumbo
- Fretboard Radius: 12”-16” Compound Radius
- Nut: Ernie Ball Compensated Nut
- Nut Width: 1.653” (42mm)
- Truss Rod: 2-Way Adjustable Rod w/ Heel Access Spoke Wheel
- Controls: Volume/3-Way Pickup Switch/2-way Coil Split Toggle Switch
- Bridge Pickup: Schecter Diamond KM Humbucker
- Neck Pickup: Schecter Diamond KM Humbucker
- Knobs: Metal Knurled w/ Set Screw
- Strings: Ernie Ball Regular Slinky #2221 (.010-.046)