The Coupe is a vintage-style hollowbody guitar with all the charm and character you'd expect from Schecter. As part of Schecter's 2018 lineup, this guitar has some excellent features and refinements to meets today's standards, despite its old-school looks. With a pair of Tesla FilterTron pickups and a genuine Bigsby tailpiece, this guitar can deliver nostalgic tones but its versatility should not be underestimated.
The hollow maple body delivers a bright and resonant tone, with excellent projection when even unplugged. A solid set-neck construction gives this instrument a premium, high-end feel, staying close to the original ES-style formula established in the 50s.
A 'C' neck profile feels substantial, providing brilliant comfort for playing jazzy chords or rockabilly riffs. The 3-piece maple neck has a smooth feel and grip, with its tonal qualities giving a slight push in the upper mid-range. Fitted with 22 extra-jumbo frets, fretting will almost be effortless.
Hardware and Electronics:
The Bigsby Archtop B70 tailpiece is an amazing addition to this classy instrument, letting you add warbles to chords and sustained notes. Paired with a TonePros Roller bridge, the strings will glide over the rolling saddles when the tremolo is used, returning to their standard position after use to keep the guitar more in tune.
The Tesla FilterTron pickups give you old school-style tones, with their medium output lending themselves to light overdrive and of course clean tones. With a three-way pickup selector switch, tone and volume controls for each pickup, and a push-pull for single-coil-esque sounds, this guitar has all of the essential ingredients.
- Top Contour: Arched Top
- Dexterity: Right Handed
- Construction: Set-Neck
- Body Material: Maple
- Binding: Gold
- Bridge: Bigsby Archtop B70 w/ Roller TonePros TOM TPFR – T3BT
- Fretboard: Ebony
- Neck Material: Maple 3-pc
- Inlays: Pearloid Blocks
- Scale: 24.75” (628mm)
- Neck Shape: ‘C’
- Thickness: @ 1st Fret- .826" (21mm)/ @ 12th Fret- .866” (22mm)
- Frets: 22 X-Jumbo
- Fretboard Radius: 12” (305mm)
- Nut: Graph Tech XL Ivory Tusq
- Nut Width: 1.693" (43mm)
- Tuners: Grover
- Truss Rod: 2-Way Adjustable Rod w/ 5/32” (4mm) Allen Nut
- Bridge Pickup: Tesla FilterTron TV-ML1
- Neck Pickup: Tesla FilterTron TV-ML1
- Controls: 2 Volume/2 Tone(Push-Pull)/3-Way Switch
- Hardware Color: Gold
- Knobs: Metal Knurled w/ Set Screw
- Strings: Ernie Ball Regular Slinky #2221 (.010-.046)