The Banshee Elite is a bit of a beast. The Banshee Elite-7 FR S from Schecter, the company that makes guitars with hard rock and metal in mind, can take whatever you throw at it. Whether you’re playing drop tune chugging power chords or blistering high lead lines the Schecter banshee will sound great and look good doing it.
The new Banshee Elite has a Swamp Ash body with a Flamed Maple top. Not only does this give the guitar a great warm tone with plenty of midrange punch it looks genuinely amazing. The subtle wood grain and sleek edges are clean and stylish.
A 9 piece Maple/Walnut neck with an Ebony fingerboard is fast and comfortable to play, strong enough to support thicker string gauges so you can really dig in and get that heavy metal power.
The 24 X-Jumbo Stainless Steel frets, Mother of Pearl offset/reverse dot inlays with brass circles, and a Neck-Thru construction gives you seamless playability and easy access to the higher frets, just what you need for both power chords at the low end and faster lead lines at the top.
Floyd Rose Trem
For divebombs and windmills this guitar is setup with a Floyd Rose 1500 Series bridge which features stainless steel parts, new push-in arm, and knife points that are re-tooled for better tuning and smoother tremolo play.
One of the coolest features is that the Banshee Elite comes loaded with Schecter’s own hand-made USA SuperCharger pickups with a Sustainiac in the neck position. These give you a great choice of tones, sound rich and fat both clean and dirty and have great articulation.
7 String Construction
Based on the same concepts that make the 6 string version so popular this rock and metal beast of a guitar is ready to go down to 7 strings. With the extra low 'B' string your notes are still well defined thanks to the new USA SuperCharger pickups and fantastic tonewood choices that really bring this guitar to life.
- Model Name: Banshee Elite-7 FR S
- Item Number: 1258
- Guitar Colors: Gloss Natural (GNAT)
- Country of Origin: South Korea
- Dexterity: Left Handed
- Construction: Neck-Thru w/Ultra Access
- Body Material: Swamp Ash
- Top Material: Flamed Maple
- Top Contour: Flat Top
- Neck Material: Maple/Walnut Multi-ply w/ Carbon Fiber Reinforcement Rods
- Fretboard Material: Ebony
- Binding: Maple w/ BLK/Crème/BLK Multi-ply
- Inlays: MOP with Brass Circle Offset/Reverse Dots
- Side Dot Markers: Glow In The Dark Dots with Black Circle
- Scale: 27" (685.8mm)
- Frets: 24 X-Jumbo Stainless Steel
- Fretboard Radius: 12"-16" Compound Radius
- Neck Shape: Ultra Thin 'C'
- Thickness: @ 1st Fret- .748" (19mm)/ @ 12th Fret- .787" (20mm)
- Nut: Floyd Rose 1500 Series
- Nut Width: 1.874" (47.6mm)
- Truss Rod: 2-Way Adjustable Rod w/ 5/32" (4mm) Allen Nut
- Bridge Pickup: Schecter USA SuperCharger Mach-7
- Neck Pickup: Sustainiac
- Sustainiac: Sustainiac Retrofit SLS w/Aux-2
- Controls: Volume/Tone/3-Way (Pickup) Switch/2-Way On-Off Sustainiac Switch/3-Way Sustainiac Mode Switch (Fundamental-Mix-Harmonic)
- Battery Compartment: 9-volt Clip-in Battery Compartment
- Hardware Color: Black Chrome
- Bridge: Floyd Rose 1500 Series
- Tuners: Grover
- Knobs: Metal Knurled w/ Set Screw
- Strings: Ernie Ball Regular Slinky 7 #2621 (.010-.056)