Here's What Rupert Nerve Designs have to say about the 5045:
The 5045 Primary Source Enhancer is exceptionally useful at reducing feedback without negatively impacting the sonic integrity of the source signal, effectively increasing the level a microphone can be raised before feedback occurs in a live sound environment by up to 20dB. With controls that are very simply laid out and generally require minimal adjustment, the 5045 is an invaluable tool for churches, stadiums, performance halls, or any venue where feedback is problematic.
100% Analog Design, the 5045 shares some traits with conventional “noise gates”, but operates on a different principle. One common aspect is that both reduce the gain during the absence of signal – or more specifically, both begin to attenuate when the level of a signal falls below a certain user-defined threshold. The 5045 senses when someone is speaking or singing into the mic and allows the signal to pass through, and senses when the person has stopped talking or singing and reduces the gain appropriately, thus reducing the system’s tendency to feed back.
Importantly, the 5045 does not utilize filtering or digital processing to achieve its significant benefits. Built around Rupert Neve Designs’ custom input and output transformers, its all-analogue circuitry provides superb control and sonic performance without compromising the integrity of the source material. This makes the 5045 the most intuitive, natural-sounding and effective method of feedback reduction available on the market.
- Threshold: continuously variable from -20 dBu to 10 dBu
- Depth: continuously variable from 0 dBu to 20 dBu
- Maxmimum Output Value: +25 dBu
- Total harmonic distortion and noise
- @ 1 kHz, +20 dBu output level, no load.
- Main output, feedback suppressor bypassed: Better than 0.002%
- Main output, feedback suppressor engaged: Better than 0.002%
- Noise: Measured @ Main Output, un-weighted, 22 Hz - 22k Hz, 50 Ohm terminated input. Feedback suppressor bypassed. Better than -100 dBu
- Feedback suppressor engaged: Better than -95 dBu
- Frequency response:
- Main Output: @ 20 Hz -3 dB, @ 150 kHz -3 dB
- Crosstalk: Measured Channel to Channel: Better than -80 dB @ 16 kHz
- POWER REQUIREMENTS
- 12V DC Input, 1 Amp