Roland's digital trigger pads continue to lead the way within the electronic drum world, with this PD140DS digital snare becoming the brands' latest engineering innovation. Designed to work with their TD-50 sound module, this drum provides you with some of the most expressive, nuanced snare playing in the entire industry.
This snare features some form of smart tech in just about every department. The standard 14-inch shell is fitted with a fresh, three-layer mesh head; it's instantly familiar to every drummer as soon as you sit down to play, with a realistic response, rebound and feel.
When combined with Roland's multi-element sensor architecture, every nuance of your performance or practice session is highlighted. The finest dynamics are picked up, while you can also make use of traditional techniques, including cross stick, rim shots and brush sweeps - just as you would on a normal acoustic snare! Every strike will deliver a detailed, natural sound, no matter where you hit the drum.
- Acoustic look and dimensions (14-inches) provides instant familiarity for any drummer.
- 3-ply mesh head design offers a more realistic playing feel, with improved response and rebound.
- Apply traditional techniques, including cross stick, rim shots and brush sweeps, all without having to adjust any settings within your module.
- Compatible with the TD-50 sound module.
- Featuring high resolution sound triggering and precise positional detection.
- Pad Size: 14-Inches
- Shell Depth: 4.3-Inches
- Tension Rods: 8
- Head: 3-Ply Mesh Head (with a Floating, Mid-Layer Design)
- Available Playing Methods (Triggers): Head Shot, Rim Shot, Cross Stick, Brush Sweep
- Sensor System: Multi Element Sensor System - Head Sensor, Position Sensors (x3), Rim Sensor, Cross Stick Sensor (x3) Integrated Sensing Processor
- Connector: Digital Trigger Out Plug
- Power Supply: Suppled Via Digital Trigger In Port (DC 5 V)
- Current Draw: 90 mA
- Dimensions (W x D x H): 380 mm x 380 mm x 160 mm
- Weight: 4.9 kg
- Accessories: Connection Cable, Drum Key