The G3 is a powerful distortion pedal made by high-gain amp masters, Revv Amps. This pedal captures their signature aggressive distortion tones in an easy-to-use pedal format and the pedal comes with varying degrees of gain allowing you to go from chunky, thick rhythm tones to searing lead tones that will have you cutting through the mix.
The layout is fairly standard, and will be familiar to you if you've used a few different distortion pedals. It's got a bass, middle and treble control that'll allow you to sculpt the EQ output to match the guitar you're using and this EQ is quite versatile whether you're using a 7/8/9 string guitar or a standard 6 string.
Ypu;ve also got volume and gain to dial in the amount of distortion you want on your signal.
The aggression toggle is where the magic happens. The toggle switch has a blue and red option that'll give you a gain and volume boost to varying levels of intensity.
Here's what Revv Amplification say about the G3 Distortion pedal
Revv's Purple Channel 3 is one of the most unique tones in modern amps. Extremely tight & clear with the right amount of saturation for any situation. Now that tone is available to everyone in a less-expensive pedal format that's versatile & feels great under the fingers.
- Suitable for: Metal, Rock, Blues, Country, Prog, Fusion, Punk, Extreme.
- Plays nice with: Combos, Heads, Pedalboard Rigs, in Effects Loops, w/ Cab Modeling.
- Form Factor: Small Single-Space Enclosure, Standard 9v Power, Durable Construction, Top-Mounted Jacks, Blue LED, Laser Etching.
- Mix-Ready - Smart filtering keeps lows tight & highs present with no mud or ice.
- Feels Great --- Constant revisions ensured the attack & bloom of notes is inspiring to play, like your favorite amp.
- Versatile --- Fat and warm or tight & bright. Heavy amp-like saturation or light overdrive.
- Integrates Into Any Rig --- "Distortion channel" in front of a clean amp, another flavor of gain with a multi-channel amp, easy traveling, great studio tool, works great with analog & digital.