Based in Albany, Oregon; Pettyjohn Electronics pedals "are engineered and built in the USA without compromise or shortcuts" - in their own words. Founded by studio engineer Stephen Pettyjohn, the eponymous company uses analogue components almost exclusively in the design of its guitar pedals, for achieving the most traditional and authentic tones possible.
Pettyjohn's Chime MKII overdrive pedal exemplifies this approach, delivering low-to-medium gain tones that are akin to the character of vintage English amplifiers. With plenty of headroom, thanks to its 36V internal voltage; the Pettyjohn Electronics Chime MKII is a supremely responsive overdrive pedal that expressive players will simply adore.
Here's what Pettyjohn Electronics says about the Chime MKII:
The Pettyjohn CHIME MKII is a major update to our signature low-medium gain overdrive. Known for it’s ability to sweeten your signal with the touch sensitivity of vintage English amps on the edge of break up, the CHIME MKII builds on it’s predecessor with an all new and proprietary 36V power supply, a new relay based true bypass circuit with soft touch switch and loads more.
- High voltage power - 36 Volts of internal power from standard 9v adaptor (300mA)
- Relay Quiet Bypass switching system - Soft touch switch with totally quiet switching and auto-bypass when power is off
- High Pass Filter mini knob
- Clipping mix knob - Blend between Germanium and LED clipping
- Increased headroom and lower noise on all stages
- Active output level control for no tone loss
- Preamp Mode - Internal mini toggle bypasses the clipping stage making the CHIME MKII a perfect clean tone shaping preamp and boost with no clipping at all
- Power Rails Switch - Internal mini toggle switches between max rails of 36V and a more modest 28V, a setting some users prefer for a more vintage tone
- Gain range for warm saturation
- Boost - Pre-boost control with that adds extra presence and grit
- Tilt EQ - An audiophile approach to tone control, the Tilt EQ circuit is carefully voiced to compliment the clipping options and utilizes Orange Drop tone caps for a musical sweetness not normally found in a pedal
- Box and circuit handmade in the beautiful Pacific Northwest, USA
- Dimensions: 2.75”W x 4.75”L x 2.5” H
- Weight: 2 lbs