The Peavey Classic 30 is a stripped back and simple vintage style amplifier with a single set of controls and 2 channels you can easily go from clean to crunch and even heavy overdrive sounds all in this one amplifier. Built in to a 1x12" combo this amplifier is great for the gigging musician on the move who want to keep their rig small.
Using an all tube preamp and poweramp circuit the Classic 30 can go from crystal cleans to a dirty crunch perfect for blues rock. These tones are spread wonderfully over two channels that are controlled with a shared EQ and reverb but different volume controls.
On channel 1 you just have a single volume control set at an ideal input gain so you get the most clean headroom possible out of this little amp. Channel 2 however has both a pre and post gain section that lets you get those dirty and crunchy tone we all love.
To keep the vintage vibe with this amplifier they have finished it in the very classic lacquered tweed finish we all know and love with a silver faceplate. While this may not add anything to the tone it does look absolutely amazing on stage.
Now this is a big part of the Classic 30. While a lot of other amplifiers like this sound great in the studio or at home when you take them live you don't have the headroom or punch you need. But with 30w of power and an extremely clean, clean channel you will have no problem performing on even slightly larger stages.
Heres' what Peavey say about the Classic 30
Revered by blues, country and rock players alike, these true all-tube amps span the tonal landscape from vintage to contemporary with ease. These amps are drenched in the tone that can only come from the combination of three 12AX7 and four EL84 tubes. Add features like 3-band EQ, footswitchable dual channels, footswitchable boost and reverb and you have one of the most versatile amplifiers on the market. The Classic 30 now ships with the all new Celestion Midnight 60 12" speaker! Classic looks, classic tone, Classic 30!
- Genuine Spring Reverb with level control
- Pre- and post-gain controls on lead channel
- External speaker capability
- Chrome-plated chassis
- Classic tweed covering
- Footswitch included
- 30 watts (rms) into 16 or 8 ohms
- 2-channel preamp
- Footswitch selectable channel switching, reverb and boost
- Four EL84s and three 12AX7s
- 12" Celestion Midnight 60 speaker
- Effects loop
- Channel and Boost switch uses Peavey part number 03022910
- Normal volume control on clean channel
- Reverb on/off switch uses Peavey part number 03051000
- Boost switch
- 3-band passive EQ (bass, middle, treble)
- Standby Switch
- Weight Unpacked: 39.50 lb(17.917 kg)
- Weight Packed: 46.00 lb(20.865 kg)
- Width Packed: 19.25"(48.895 cm)
- Height Packed: 21.5"(54.61 cm)
- Depth Packed: 13"(33.02 cm)