The StingRay is simply one of the most iconic basses in history. It was originally designed by Leo Fender and has since appeared on stages and in studios all around the world. The newest version of this bass has been tweaked and improved upon to make these basses some of the best on the market.
The StingRay now has an 18v active 3-band EQ which gives it those powerfully clear and punchy tones. Having an 18v preamp provides you with loads of clean headroom meaning you crank the volume without 'crushing' or distorting your bass sound.
Much of this is down to the unique-sounding Neodymium pickups. Neodymium is a strong magnet that works beautifully in these pickups to give you a strong, clear output. This bass has two humbuckers that are versatile but still simple to use. Simply find your tone with EQ and use the volume to control the dynamic.
Modern Technology meets classic craftsmanship
The bolt-on neck design gives the StingRay a snappy bass response. It's a classic design that has been mixed with the modern active EQ secret sauce that Music Man are known for. This is what gives the StingRay its voice. They've also reduced the weight of the hardware making the basses lighter than they ever have been!
You can play a number of different styles with a StingRay including Jazz, Rock, Metal and Pop. It's loved for the warm, thumping lows and clear mid and top-end response.
Roasted Maple Neck
The Roasted Maple necks look great but feel great to play. And because they've been roasted, they'll be far more stable due to the fact that so much moisture has been removed from the wood. Music Man have also re-designed the neck join contour to make it easier to play on the upper end.
The StingRay bass now has stainless steel frets which wear down far slower than any other fretwire.
- Wood: Ash
- Body Finish: High gloss polyester
- Bridge: Vintage Music Man chrome plated, steel bridge plate with vintage nickel plated steel saddles
- Scale Length: 34" (86.4 cm)
- Neck Radius: 11" (27.9 cm)
- Frets 22 - High profile, wide, Stainless Steel
- Neck Wood: Select roasted maple neck
- Fingerboard: Ebony
- Neck: Finish Gunstock oil and hand-rubbed special wax blend
- Tuning Machines: Custom Music Man
- Neck Attachment 5 bolts - perfect alignment with no shifting; Sculpted neck joint
- Electronic Shielding: Black plated aluminium control cover
- Controls: 3-band active preamp with 18 volts of headroom; vol, treble, mid, bass
- Switching: 5-way lever pickup selector
- Pickups: Dual Humbucking with Neodymium magnets