The X Series brings you tried-and-trusted Martin craftsmanship at an affordable price-point. This particular DX model is a noteworthy addition to the lineup; paying tribute to the late, great Johnny Cash. Finished in a colour fitting for "The Man in Black", the DX features a dreadnought body shape that guarantees excellent projection and maximum versatility.
While its traditional trimmings will appeal to old-school Martin and Cash fans, this DX does have a few modern twists up its sleeve. Constructed from HPL (high-pressure laminate), the Martin DX Johnny Cash has a robust and resonant body. The Performing Artist neck shape is very much suited to contemporary guitarists, with a relatively thin carve that enables articulate playing without hindrance.
If you're a gigging singer-songwriter or simply a player that wants to record easily at home, the Martin DX Johnny Cash comes equipped with Fishman MX electronics that allow you to plug into a PA system or audio interface for direct sound capture.
- Top Wood: High-Pressure Laminate
- Back & Sides Wood: High-Pressure Laminate
- Body Bracing: Scalloped X-bracing
- Neck Wood: Black Birch Laminate
- Neck Shape: Performing Artist
- Radius: 16"
- Fingerboard Material: Richlite
- Fingerboard Inlay: Stars with CASH at 17th fret
- Number of Frets: 20
- Scale Length: 25.4"
- Tuning Machines: Closed Gear
- Bridge Material: Richlite
- Nut/Saddle Material: Corian/Tusq
- Nut Width: 1.75"
- Electronics: Fishman MX