Here’s what Jackson says about the X Series Soloist SLX Tamo Ash:
Distinctive and affordable, Jackson's X Series Soloist™ models are built for speed, and loaded with purebred Jackson DNA.
The X Series Soloist™ SLX Tamo Ash features a poplar body with a beautiful tamo ash burl top and a maple neck-through-body with graphite reinforcement and tilt-back scarf joint headstock for improved playing comfort.
Hosting 24 jumbo frets and pearloid sharkfin inlays, its 12"-16" fully bound compound radius laurel fingerboard curves more dramatically at the nut for easy chording and flattens out as it approaches the neck joint for low-action bends without fretting out.
Duncan Designed™ alnico HB-103 neck and high-output ceramic HB-103 bridge humbucking pickups power this metal beast, which also includes single volume and tone controls, three-way blade switch and a Floyd Rose® Special double-locking tremolo bridge system.
A sleek and stunningly elegant guitar, the SLX Tamo Ash is available in Natural with black hardware.
- Body Style: Soloist™
- Body Material: Poplar with Tamo Ash Burl Top
- Body Finish: Satin
- Neck Material:1-Piece Maple
- Neck Construction: Neck-Through-Body with Graphite Reinforcement and Scarf Joint
- Neck Finish: Satin
- Fingerboard: Laurel, 12"-16" Compound Radius (304.8 mm to 406.4 mm)
- Frets: 24, Jumbo
- Position Inlays: Pearloid Sharkfin
- Nut (Material/Width): Floyd Rose® Locking, 1.6875" (42.86 mm)
- Headstock: Jackson® Pointed 6-In-Line
- Tuning Machines: Jackson® Sealed Die-Cast
- Scale Length: 25.5" (648 mm)
Electronics & Hardware
- Bridge: Floyd Rose® Special Double-Locking Tremolo (Recessed)
- Pickups: Duncan Designed™ HB-103B (Bridge), Duncan Designed™ HB-103N (Neck)
- Pickup Switching: 3-Position Blade: Position 1. Bridge and Middle, Position 2. Bridge, Middle and Neck, Position 3. Neck
- Controls: Volume, Tone
- Control Knobs: Dome-Style
- Hardware Finish: Black
- Strings: Nickel Plated Steel .009-.042 Gauges