Here's what Jackson say about the Rhoads RRX24-MG7:
The 7-string Jackson® X Series Rhoads RRX24-MG7 is a slick music-making machine innovatively engineered for modern metal and other styles that require a high-performance instrument. We’ve poured all of our hard-earned knowledge into this guitar to create a beast of an instrument that represents over 40 years of experience creating extreme tools for extreme players.
The RRX24-MG7 features a 26.5” scale length, poplar body and through-body maple neck with graphite reinforcement to guard against climate-induced warping and scarf joint for reduced playing fatigue. Hosting 24 jumbo frets and Jackson’s distinctive pearloid sharkfin inlays, the 12”-16” compound radius bound laurel fingerboard curves more dramatically at the nut for easy chording and fattens out as it approaches the neck joint for low-action bends without fretting out.
Designed for an extended sonic palette, this 7-string beast is fuelled with EMG® 81-7H bridge and EMG 85-7H neck humbucking pickups that blend powerful intensity, fluid sustain and muscular growl for blistering leads that slice through even the densest mix. Command your sound with three-way pickup blade switching, two volume knobs and a single tone knob, and count on rock-solid tuning stability throughout the most aggressive dive bombs or harmonic squeals with the Floyd Rose® Special 7-string doublelocking tremolo bridge system.
Known for slick style that refuses to sacrifice one iota of functionality, the Jackson X Series Rhoads RRX24-MG7 makes a bold statement onstage in a Satin Black finish with Primer Gray Bevels, reverse Jackson pointed 7-in-line black headstock and black hardware.
- Series: X
- Body Shape: Rhoads
- Body Material: Poplar
- Body Finish: Satin
- Neck Material: Maple
- Neck Construction: Neck-Through-Body with Graphite Reinforcement and Scarf Joint
- Neck Finish: Satin Color Matched
- Fingerboard: Laurel, 12”-16” Compound Radius (304.8 mm to 406.4 mm)
- Frets: 24, Jumbo
- Position Inlays: Pearloid Sharkfn
- Nut (Material/Width): Floyd Rose® Special Locking, 1.875” (47.6 mm)
- Headstock: Reverse Jackson® Pointed 7-In-Line
- Tuning Machines: Jackson® Sealed Die-Cast
- Scale Length: 26.5” (673 mm)
- Truss Rod: Truss Rod Adjustment at Nut
Hardware and Electronics
- Bridge: Floyd Rose® Special 7-String Double-Locking Tremolo (Recessed)
- Pickups: EMG® 81-7H (Bridge) EMG® 85-7H (Neck)
- Special Electronics: Active Electronics
- Pickup Switching: 3-Position Blade
- Controls: Volume 1. (Neck Pickup), Volume 2. (Bridge Pickup), Tone
- Control Knobs: Dome-Style
- Hardware Finish: Black