Here's what Jackson says about the Pro Series Rhoads RR24Q:
Jackson’s first customer was the legendary guitarist Randy Rhoads, who asked us to create a model that met the demands of his technically-challenging playing with visual panache. The result continues to evolve in order to meet and exceed the needs of players who came of age listening to his groundbreaking work. The Pro Series Rhoads RR24Q is a proud claimant to the throne of high-tech guitars.
The Pro RR24Q pairs a mahogany body with rippling quilt maple top to a through-body maple neck, bearing a pair of graphite rods for reinforcement against the assaults of temperature and humidity. The speedy neck profile is engineered for blazing guitar work, removing any obstacles to fleet-fingered playing and granting easier access to the upper frets. A 12”-16” compound radius bound ebony fingerboard is also engineered for highly technical lightspeed playing—more curved by the nut for comfortable chording, it flattens out as you move up the neck for increasingly fast playing speed and wide bends without fretting out.
Modern Seymour Duncan Distortion humbucking pickups drive this guitar’s voice, combining for highly balanced, flexible tone for even the most aggressive of styles, with plenty of high output for pristine cleans and snarling distortion. The sensitive Floyd Rose 1000 Series recessed double-locking tremolo system adds expressive vibrato to notes and chords with the tap of a finger, along with rock-solid tuning performance and precise intonation.
The most recognizable of Jackson’s myriad offerings, the Pro RR24Q boasts the familiar aesthetics that keep Jackson axes in high-demand for performing guitarists. From the unique sharkfin inlays, pointed 6-in-line matching headstock and revolutionary body designs, this instrument is very distinctly a Jackson creation. Jackson guitars don’t just push the envelope, they annihilate it — and the Pro RR24Q is no exception to the rule.
- Body Shape: Rhoads
- Body Material: Mahogany
- Body Top: Quilt Maple
- Body Finish: Gloss
- Neck Material: Maple
- Neck Construction: Neck-Through-Body with Graphite Reinforcement and Scarf Joint
- Neck Finish: Oiled
- Fingerboard: Ebony, 12”-16” Compound Radius (304.8 mm to 406.4 mm)
- Frets: 24, Jumbo
- Position Inlays: Pearloid Sharkfin
- Nut (Material/Width): Floyd Rose 1000 Series Locking, 1.6875” (42.86 mm)
- Headstock: Jackson Pointed 6-In-Line
- Tuning Machines: Jackson Sealed Die-Cast
- Scale Length: 25.5” (648 mm)
Hardware & Electronics
- Bridge: Floyd Rose 1000 Series Double-Locking Tremolo (Recessed)
- Bridge Pickup: Seymour Duncan Distortion TB-6
- Neck Pickup: Seymour Duncan Distortion SH-6N
- Pickup Switching: 3-Position Toggle: Position 1. Bridge Pickup, Position 2. Bridge and Neck Pickups, Position 3. Neck Pickup
- Controls: Volume, Tone
- Control Knobs: Dome-Style
- Hardware Finish: Black
- Strings: Nickel Plated Steel (.009-.042 Gauges)