Here's what Jackson says about the Pro Series Marty Friedman Signature MF-1:
One of the most influential and respected players in the world, Marty Friedman’s impactful and game-changing contributions to heavy metal and guitar in general continue to inspire generations of musicians and music fans to this day. He defined modern guitar playing with Jason Becker in Cacophony, was a key element in the wildly successful rise of thrash pioneers Megadeth, and with his “Marty-esque” improvisations and exotic fusion of Eastern and Western music, has achieved global success as a solo artist.
Jackson continues our longstanding relationship with Friedman by collaborating with the virtuoso on the Pro Series Signature Marty Friedman MF-1.
This 24.75”-scale signature model is loaded with great features to match the demanding needs of an elite and intricate player like Friedman.
Friedman’s signature MF-1 features a resonant mahogany with a striking cracked mirror top. A mahogany set-neck features a scarf joint and graphite-reinforcement rods to protect against environmental depredations. A bound 12” radius ebony fingerboard with 22 jumbo frets and pearloid block inlays is an ideal playing surface for swift licks or articulate chord work.Marty Friedman dual passive EMG MF signature humbucking pickups deliver a sound that sings and screams. This axe is also equipped with two volume and two tone controls as well as a three-way toggle switch to wrangle all of the subtle nuances out of your guitar tone. The Jackson TOM-style adjustable bridge with anchored tailpiece and die-cast locking tuners creates improved intonation and enhanced sustain.
Never fear being upstaged with the all-new cracked Purple Mirror finish, complete with 3-ply white/abalone/white body binding, all-black hardware and a reverse Jackson 3x3 (3 over, 3 under) AT-1 black headstock.
- Body Shape: Monarkh
- Body Material: Mahogany
- Body Top: Cracked Mirror
- Body Finish: Gloss
- Neck Material: Mahogany
- Neck Construction: Set-Neck with Graphite Reinforcement and Scarf Joint
- Neck Finish: Gloss
- Fingerboard: Ebony, 12” (305 mm)
- Frets: 22, Jumbo
- Position Inlays: Pearloid Block
- Nut (Material/Width): Black Plastic, 1.6875” (42.86 mm)
- Headstock: Reverse Jackson 3x3 AT-1 (3 Over/3 Under)
- Scale Length: 24.75” (629 mm)
- Pickups: EMG MF Signature (Bridge & Neck)
- Pickup Switching: 3-Position Toggle: Position 1. Bridge Pickup, Position 2. Bridge and Neck Pickups, Position 3. Neck Pickup
- Controls: Volume 1. (Neck Pickup), Volume 2. (Bridge Pickup), Tone 1. (Neck Pickup), Tone 2. (Bridge Pickup)
- Bridge: Jackson TOM-Style Adjustable with Anchored Tailpiece
- Tuning Machines: Jackson Sealed Die-Cast Locking
- Control Knobs: Dome-Style
- Hardware Finish: Black
- Strings: Nickel Plated Steel (.009-.042 Gauges)